“Not as much a fan as the previous reviewer” 2 of 5 bubbles

Granby Motel
Granby Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Granby
Boston
“Not as much a fan as the previous reviewer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2008

Based on the only other review here we chose to stay at this motel. We were less-than-thrilled by our experience.

We are very familiar with budget motels, we expect them to be no-frills, clean, and adequate. This hotel met those expectations. The reasons for the lower rating are the following, in order of severity:

1) the smell in the room. Despite it being October the in-window air conditioner was running, as was a fan to the outside. We stopped them both and opened the windows as wide as possible. We never lost the smell.

2) the operator of the motel, possibly the owner, completely forgot that he'd taken my reservation that morning over the phone. He tried to convince me I'd made my reservation elsewhere. We happily offered to leave but he insisted we stay. Over the course of our conversation he began to remember aspects of our phone call that morning. However, if he hadn't put my credit card information somewhere to be found later we would have left. I wonder where my credit card information is now?

3) the condition of the room. I don't expect glamor at this price, but I was dismayed by a sagging sofa, sagging bed, and evidence that the false ceiling (which was once clearly a sound barrier) had recently fallen in.

To the operator's credit, despite giving me a reservation he was not expecting me, and seemed a little reluctant to give us this room. Perhaps this room is rarely rented? I hope so.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrliegrl

Business
Philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

Please don't confuse this nice motel with the other one on Trip Advisor ( which is in Conn.) This hotel, In Massachusetts, is like a step back in time. It is run by a young immigrant family who live behind the office, and I have stayed there 3 times now (because my daughter is at Hampshire College) with never any problems. Just a simple row of rooms buffered from the highway by tall evergreens. The bathrooms are an amazing retro shade of salmon colored fixtures & tile, but all still in perfect condition.

For the $74 (inc. tax) that I paid this time, I got a spacious room with one bed, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, sofa, table AND wireless internet ALL included. Why go anywhere else?

They have a basic website: http://granbymotelma.com/
Please check them out!

• Liked — Great value for the price
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Cherylad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
D. Hotel & Suites
Econo Lodge Hadley
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Been to Granby Motel? Share your experiences!