“Unusual, and good, pizzas”
Review of Gypsy Joynt - CLOSED

Gypsy Joynt
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, CA
“Unusual, and good, pizzas”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Not your typical pizza place, with vegetarian choices with great taste. Very funky ambiance, extraordinarily friendly.

Visited June 2014

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Worth a Return Trip”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Went to the Gypsy Joynt for the first time on a recommendation of a colleague. This is a funky spot to eat at with a huge menu and really fresh and innovative offerings. I was trying to be a good girl, so I picked the Jacques' Pride salad with grilled shrimp, asparagus, pineapple, and goat cheese. I choose a pear dressing from a long list of some very unusual and creative choices to top your salad.

I have to admit that I secretly wanted to bite into the Blissfully Yours Burger with ground beef, beef brisket, bacon, grilled onions, fresh jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese and an avocado sauce. Does that sound delicious or what? I will have to sneak back soon, save all of my calories for the day, and dive into this dish another time.

The place was filled with patrons around 11:30 am when I visited. You order at the counter and then your food is delivered to your table. The prices seemed reasonable and the food came out within 10 minutes. I also tried one of their seltzer drinks...the pineapple lime seltzer was refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day.

As I sat waiting for my meal to be prepared, a server came by carrying sheet pans of cinnamon buns and placed them in the bakery case. These were "ginormous", as in nearly the size of a dinner plate in diameter and about 3 inches thick. They were generously slathered with a thick glaze and they were only 5 bucks a piece! What a deal. You could definitely order one for a table of 4 and still have too much for you to eat. I will need to return and bring a gang with me to tackle one of these babies and pair it with one of their many coffee choices.

This restaurant is conveniently located on Main Street in Great Barrington, a perfect spot to grab some lunch and then stroll around and do some shopping or just take in the sights for the afternoon.

Visited June 2014
Adams, Massachusetts
“A must visit place”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

For one day of my Berkshire County Staycation, we traveled from Adams to Gt. Barrington for the sole purpose of checking out the Gypsy Joynt for lunch, which some friend had highly recommended to us. We were not disappointed! The place is visually tantalizing. The menu is huge. We walked in to the smell of baking cinnamon rolls. We had a very unique salad, all fresh and natural and totally satisfying. You will not leave here hungry. They have a bakery on site and make their own breads and pastries. During our visit the baker brought out these amazingly huge cinnamon rolls...each roll was easily 7 inches by 7 inches. We are now thinking of renting a hotel room some weekend evening just so we can go back and check out their night entertainment.

• Visited June 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Delicious Eclectic Menu”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Incredible lunch place and probably good for dinner. Had the layered dish whose name I did not remember but it contained sweet potatoes/ham/veggies at a number of other items that I can identify – incredible. Return the next day for lunch and had a great burger but I would recommend trying one of their more unusual sandwiches.

The nighttime venue changes substantially but we did not have a chance to sample it. Would strongly recommend you trying this place if you like unusual food and an eclectic/60s flower child atmosphere – lots of fun

• Visited May 2014
Shenandoah, Iowa
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Great vibe, loved the atmosphere. After walking around Great Barrington stopped in and had wonderful salads & drinks. Friendly staff. Great find!!