“Wish we had one of these near us!”
Review of The Meat Market

The Meat Market
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Having grown up in Great Barrington, what a pleasant surprise to return and find such a wonderful 'new' addition. My girlfriend and I went twice for lunch during our short trip, and very much enjoyed ourselves both times. The pork burger was particularly good. I applaud businesses that make such a principled effort to bring high quality food from happy, healthy animals to their customers.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

In the tradition of Brooklyn's Fleishers - local, grass fed, cared for meat -- young and hip staff -- great cuts and house made charcuterie. And they have a little cafe in back and outdoors -- terrific sandwiches. A beautiful and thoughtful store.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Every time we travel out to Great Barrington, we make sure to stop at the Meat Market and take a look at the selection of finely cut meats they have to offer!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I ordered a Charchutterie board well in advance of my wedding… we met the manager in person then the Charchutterie board was scheduled and confirmed through email to be picked up at 3:00pm before my short outdoor 4:00pm wedding (so the meats would not spoil). I showed up at the Meat Market at 3:00pm the day of my wedding with my hair and make-up all done up for my wedding, only to find a sign on the door saying, “Closed for the day. Enjoy the weather”!! I did not get my Charchutterie board for my wedding. When I checked my email the day after my wedding I found an email from the manager of the Meat Market from the afternoon before my wedding telling me they would be closed the next day and asking me to pick up my Charchutterie board that day… given I planned and did everything myself (/with the help of my family) and I do not even own a Smart Phone, I was not checking email the afternoon before my wedding and I received no phone call! When I told the manager a phone call would have been appropriate, I was told that I had not confirmed that I indeed wanted the Charchuttier board because I had not given a deposit… I have the email from the manager of the Meat Market confirming I would be at the shop at 3:00pm June 22nd to pick up the Charchutterie board, I went in for a sampling, and I was NOT asked for a deposit or I would have given one (like I did for some of the other vendors I used who ASKED me for a deposit).

Overall: Excellent food from what I tried in the free sampling but HORRIBLE customer service and very poor business and planning skills on the manager’s part. Do not use the Meat Market as part of your plan for an important event unless you want to be very disappointed and told it is your fault that they have no organizational skills!

3  Thank Kirstend1986
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My Cuban sandwich was perfect! My wife's ham and cheese sandwich was perfect! The cold lentil salad was perfect! It was a perfect summer lunch!

1  Thank Justin H