We stayed in this Fairfield Inn in April 2014. The hotel was brand-new and very clean, with attractive design elements, conveniently set back from Route 7 in a major tourist corridor just north of Great Barrington and south of Stockbridge. Although it is not quite on par with Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or some of the better Comfort Inns and Best Western Pluses in the area, it would still be a great deal at $110 a night and an acceptable buy at $120. But at more than $150 (nearly $170 with tax and fees), I do not recommend it. There are better, more comfortable options available for the price.
The bedroom was clean and nicely appointed, with fresh, comfortable bedding, a nice work desk, a big new TV, and good wifi. The climate control worked well, though it was a bit noisy. The blackout shades did a great job of keeping the room dark. The bathroom had a big countertop and mirror and was nicely stocked with towels and washcloths. The water pressure in the shower was fine.
However, the beds themselves were not as advertised. This was supposed to be a room with two queen beds, but although they were wide the beds were much shorter than a standard queen, which made it a little uncomfortable for even the moderately tall among us. In addition, the bathroom has no fan - so there's no white noise separating the people in the bedroom from whoever is in the bathroom, and the bathroom also stayed fogged up for quite a while. Finally, the drinking cups were hidden out of sight near the TV, and they were flimsy plastic ones, not glass. I wouldn't care about some of this if I were paying $50 less, but...
We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but we did use the breakfast bar. It was attractive and the seats were comfortable, but otherwise it was not good. It had the usual mix of cereal dispensers and fake eggs with bacon and sausage, plus hard-boiled eggs and a few muffins. But there was no fresh juice or fruit salads as you'd find at most competitors, and no bananas either. There was a juice machine, but the orange juice that came out was either badly mixed or not real juice: it was painfully sweet and all but undrinkable. The coffee was also not good - (and I'm no coffee snob: I like Dunkin' Donuts and do fine with Maxwell House) - and there was no tea. Finally, the TV in the breakfast room was on very, very loud and showing English Premier League Football... Kind of cool I guess, if the decibels had been turned down... a lot.
All in all, I get picky when I have to spend $150 a night plus fees. And this wasn't worth it. For $110, this would have been a short, happy review noting a few defects but recommending it to others. At this price point, however, I say: avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires is a hotel in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, situated in the beautiful Berkshires. We are located near the area's best attractions and outdoor activities, including concerts at Tanglewood and the Lee Premium Outlets. Our hotel offers 93 comfortable guest rooms and luxurious suites equipped with high-speed internet, microwave and refrigerator. The amenities include complimentary breakfast, Jacuzzi, fireplaces, indoor swimming pool, fitness room and game room. Complimentary full hot breakfast for all guests! The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires offers a variety of exciting activities nearby including skiing, golf and romantic dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Great Barrington Hotel Great Barrington
- Great Barrington Comfort Inn