“A great stay with great management”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great stay with great management”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean, comfortable and pleasant. The new manager Zack was very helpful. Breakfast was included and included FOUR waffle irons. We were there just overnight so we weren't able to use all of the facilities, but the room was large and comfortable. We had everything we needed. We saw Zack when we checked in. He made sure we got checked in OK and we saw him at breakfast. The hotel is back from the highway and nicely situated. We had a view of the woods. I recommend it and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms on the right (facing the hotel) have views of the woods.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike G
ZackOxley, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Mike G,

I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us! I especially enjoyed our conversation in the morning. Meeting wonderful guests like the two of you makes my job extremely enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing you when you are in the area next time. Take care until then.

Zack Oxley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Engand
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff was welcoming, helpful, and extraordinarily affable from the moment we stepped into the Fairfield Inn. The location of this Marriott property makes it an ideal launching pad to all Berkshire towns, attractions, etc. The breakfast was free, plentiful, and rife with choices. The fitness center, albeit small, was just perfect for my needs. The family relished the indoor pool and jacuzzi. I would absolutely stay here again. Thanks for making us all feel so welcome. One idea to offer...consider updating some the games in the game room...would love to see some classic Nintendo games or a Ms. Pac Man.

Room Tip: First Floor near lobby keeps you in command central area.
2 Thank ValleyVoyagerMangia
ZackOxley, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear ValleyVoyagerMangia,

I would like to thank you for finding time in your busy schedule to offer such high praise of our services and accommodations. We take a great deal of pride in making sure all our guests are treated like family during their time with us. Part of being great hosts for our guests is offering top-notch amenities to pair with our award winning staff. Nothing delights us more than receiving a review like this and hearing that you will be back at a later date. I can assure you that you will find more of the same fun and relaxing atmosphere you experienced on this recent trip. We look forward to seeing you later.

Looking Into New Arcade Games,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for three nights and slept like a log on every one of them. The staff is superb. The dining recommendations from the front desk were all spot on. The housekeeping staff were cheery and helpful. This place ios set back far enough from Rt 7 so that even if you have a front facing room (which I did) you won't be bothered by road noise. The room was spotless, everything worked and the free continental breakfast was simple and fresh (usual assortment of waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, cereals, breads, muffins, and pastry). I did not iuse the pool or the weight room but there looked to be a nice collection of free weights in the gym. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator, as well as a couch and a hassock for reading or viewing in comfort. Free wifi was a big plus (I have often seen charges for wifi in full service Marriotts). All in all, a positive experience and I will go back.

Room Tip: There are ice machines on each floor, so you may want to avoid a room near these noisy appliances.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trainman334
Dear Trainman334,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible service and accommodations in the Berkshires. I will be sharing your kind words about our staff with each of them throughout the day. If you enjoyed your time with us recently, try coming sometime in the Fall. The surrounding areas are absolutely breathtaking when the foliage begins to change colors! Hope to see you again shortly.

Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel for my daughter's wedding with approximately 20 of our guests. The rooms were clean and exceeded our expectations for a Fairfield Inn. The staff was wonderful. The young woman at the front desk was so accommodating and passed out gift bags as our guests checked in. They made no fuss when I asked them to do this.

My 83-year old mother forgot to pack her stockings and went to the lobby. One of the employees offered to drive her to K-Mart. This was so kind and so small town. I was blown away.

The best was that our friends from Michigan checked in late and missed the bus we had arranged to take our guests to the wedding venue - 35 minutes away. The general manager got his personal car and drove them to the wedding. Now come on . . . when have you ever stayed at a hotel that provided this level of service? We were thrilled.

3 Thank Cori M
Dear Cori M,

Wonderful to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us. I am new to the property and have found the staff here to be incredibly well-tuned and compassionate. They all seem to really embody the spirit of hospitality! Thank you for sharing such fantastic examples of the type of service I am happy to now be a part of. Make sure to come back and visit next time you get a chance. Take care until then!

Yours in Hospitality,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Do not stay here, support the local bed and breakfasts or any other hotel in the area but not this over priced rude chain hotel.

Negatives, seemed like they never ran into an interracial married couple and for one of the first times felt that negativity. If you happen to be a mixed couple, truly avoid. If your not out of support you should avoid this place to stop this type of thinking/treatment.

Rooms nothing great for the price, just stay at the motel across the way. Pillows, flat like sleeping on the mattress.

Ran into a manager who was the rudest person I met and acted like he was king of a very bad hotel.. I say avoid and stay anywhere else..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank corinc178
Dear Corin C,

Here at the Berkshire Fairfield Inn & Suites we take claims of this nature very seriously. I urge you to contact me directly at 413-644-3200, so we can discuss the circumstances surrounding your visit in greater detail. I look forward to speaking with you.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at the property last week and ran into a couple of issues that everyone should be aware of. First, when I got to my room, I went to put my clothes in the dresser and found an article of clothing (a dirty white sock to be exact) still left in the top drawer. Secondly, upon entering the bathroom there was no hand soap to be found. Granted these issues may not seem to extreme, however, they are a sign of poor housekeeping. The biggest issue I had, however, was when my son woke up the next day and had red "bite" marks on his arm. I immediately went to the desk and spoke with a young lady by the name of, I beleive "Camille", and explained what had happen. She stated that she would contact a manager and they would respond back to me AND THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I understand that hotels have thier issues; however, seeing as how this could be a case of "bed bugs", you would think someone would reach out to me. I will not be staying there again, which is a shame. I just want to let other people be aware of this. Thank you.

3 Thank Vic S
Berkshire_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Vic S.

I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms, ultimate guest service and the safety and security of all of our guests. I would love to speak to you regarding your stay with us, so that I can further investigate. I look forward to speaking with you. Input of this nature will enable us to achieve our goal of being the best in the industry.
Please contact me at 413-644-3200.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a really nice place! Loved the room, although the bed wasn't super comfortable. The pool was great, and the hotel was very clean and well kept. I think that the clerk that checked us in was new, as she had trouble with us and the guests before us processing Marriott gift cards. That was resolved in the morning when the manager came on duty. They had a pretty good breakfast in the morning as well, with plenty of hot items. The only disappointment was we had asked for a crib, and it wasn't in the room when we got there, and when we asked for it again, we had to go pick it up ourselves. That was a first for me. Regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Somerledwm
Berkshire_Fairfield, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Somerledwm,

The staff was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and the pool area during your recent stay. Thank you for being patient during check-in process with using the gift cards and we are elated to hear that is was resolved in the morning before your departure. We apologize that the crib wasn’t sent up to your room prior to your arrival and thank you for your feedback during your stay. We like to hear about your experience during your stay so we can keep striving to provide the best service every time you’re in the area. Thank you again for choosing us to stay with and we do hope to see you again while you are in the area.

Kind regards,

Alexandrea Watt
Guest Experience Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires? Share your experiences!