“Food Still Good and Service Much Better”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Food Still Good and Service Much Better”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Barrington Brewery and Restaurant. Went last year around this same time and had good food and not so good service. This time the food was still good and the service was much better. Our server was friendly, attentive, and efficient. There were absolutely no issues. We were seated quickly, orders taken with minutes, and food served to us in a snap.

I tried the cheddar ale soup this time and really liked it. I ate the reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was served open and it was huge. I could only finish half of it, but it was quite tasty. The sweet potato fries were hot and crisp. My dinner companions ordered the chicken quesadilla and the chicken pot pie. They seemed to enjoy their meals as well. I ordered a raspberry beer to go with my meal. This was a refreshing and light brew with just a hint of raspberry taste to it.

I would go back again to try more of their menu and, of course, a few more of their great beers.

Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“great beer”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

my husband and I went to dinner here.my husband had the bratwurst which he said was very good.i had the eggplant parm with spinach,it was good,not the best I have ever had but it was still good and tasty,they have homemade soup ,which was delicious.i had a light strawberry beer which was absoulutely the best I have ever had,it was so good.plenty of food ,wanted to try dessert,but too full.atmosphere was nice.we had a male waiter who was very good.really enjoyed our visit.

• Visited June 2014
“Relaxing outside dining”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have passed this place plenty of times and so we decided to try it for our anniversary. The food was great. We both ordered the brisket and quesadillas and they were good. The brisket was cooked perfectly I just didn't care for the extra BBQ sauce they put on it. The quesadilla was excellent. I hate beer but my husband ordered the pale and and it was actually not to bad. I had 3 sips! The house dressing was very vinegary but wasn't to awful. Would definitely go back. The outside was nice and quite and relaxing.

• Visited June 2014
Bethel, Connecticut, USA
“Decent beer and food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I like very hoppy IPAs. Their IPA and pale ale were okay but not great. The homemade veggie burger was dry but the sweet potato fries and spinach salad were pretty good. Service was variable but the atmosphere is classic pub style.

Visited May 2014
West Wareham, Massachusetts
“Great beer selection, food was tasty!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This place has a really good beer selection, but the bar only serves beer and wine. So sorry ladies, no cocktails! My husband and I looked over the menu, which had a great selection of options, from soups and salads, to sandwiches, burgers and other miscellaneous dishes. We had decided on an appetizer to start, the Jackets. These were described as large baked potato wedges served with butter and sour cream and your choice of toppings. We were hoping they could be compared to potato skins, but were sadly disappointed. They were plain old baked potato wedges, practically floating on a pool of melted butter and sprinkled with cheese and broccoli. The broccoli was a little bit too crunchy for my taste. We both got cups of soup with our entrees, so I had the black bean soup (soup of the day) and he had the cheddar ale. My soup was very spicy, almost as if they had dumped a handful of pepper in there. I was quickly running out of liquid to calm down my burning tongue. My husband enjoyed his soup, so no complaints there. For our entrees, my husband went with Shepherds Pie, while I got the Sweet Potato veggie pot pie. The shepherds pie had perfectly seasoned beef, with some yummy mashed potatoes on top. My husband almost finished the whole thing. My veggie pot pie was delicious, a great vegetarian option. The broccoli on top was not too crunchy, and the sweet potatoes were creamy and delicious. The filling was also very good, with carrots and corn. Our meal also came with some beer bread, which I used to soak up some of my spicy soup. Our total bill came to just under $60, a little pricy but worth it. Overall, a great place to go with friends and family! Just be sure not to order the Jackets, unless you want to eat a baked potato cut into pieces.

• Visited May 2014