“Nice selection of beers, good food and service”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stopped by here a couple of times. Once did just appetizers and beer. I recommend this as a way to sample as much as you can in one visit. People can share appetizers and you can get a beer flight of 5 beers to sample. One of the things I liked about this place was the availability of a 10 ounce serving for all of their beers. Sometimes, that's all you really want or need. The bar is really quite small for a brewery but there is plenty of seating inside and out. Another visit saw us picking up sandwiches to go because we had a tight schedule. Fresh ingredients, made the way you ordered and brought quickly. Very friendly and helpful staff (especially when It comes to making substitutions when the beer you are looking for is tapped out). I will be back to sample more of the menu and enjoy what is really fine beer.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I have eaten here many times over the years, and although sometimes service can be slow, and the sandwiches pedestrian, the dinners and the beer have consistently been excellent. The other night I had a Chef Salad while my wife had Beef Brisket. Both came quickly (even though the World Cup was on in the kitchen!), were well-prepared and tasty. We also both had the Raspberry Ale, something we'd never tried here but both liked (I'm not much of a beer snob, so I'll let others who know more about it rave here). We also sat on their patio which was a treat on a beautiful early summer evening.

We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was my second visit to the Barrington Brewery and Restaurant. Went last year around this same time and had good food and not so good service. This time the food was still good and the service was much better. Our server was friendly, attentive, and efficient. There were absolutely no issues. We were seated quickly, orders taken with minutes, and food served to us in a snap.

I tried the cheddar ale soup this time and really liked it. I ate the reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was served open and it was huge. I could only finish half of it, but it was quite tasty. The sweet potato fries were hot and crisp. My dinner companions ordered the chicken quesadilla and the chicken pot pie. They seemed to enjoy their meals as well. I ordered a raspberry beer to go with my meal. This was a refreshing and light brew with just a hint of raspberry taste to it.

I would go back again to try more of their menu and, of course, a few more of their great beers.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

my husband and I went to dinner here.my husband had the bratwurst which he said was very good.i had the eggplant parm with spinach,it was good,not the best I have ever had but it was still good and tasty,they have homemade soup ,which was delicious.i had a light strawberry beer which was absoulutely the best I have ever had,it was so good.plenty of food ,wanted to try dessert,but too full.atmosphere was nice.we had a male waiter who was very good.really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have passed this place plenty of times and so we decided to try it for our anniversary. The food was great. We both ordered the brisket and quesadillas and they were good. The brisket was cooked perfectly I just didn't care for the extra BBQ sauce they put on it. The quesadilla was excellent. I hate beer but my husband ordered the pale and and it was actually not to bad. I had 3 sips! The house dressing was very vinegary but wasn't to awful. Would definitely go back. The outside was nice and quite and relaxing.