“Its a bar and the food is bar food”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Its a bar and the food is bar food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Average meal, I had rib and chicken wings, my wife had free range organic chicken...the wing sauce was below average and the ribs were good, needed a bit of crisping. but good. the chicken was good, decent portion, but I go for flavor and this was ok. the bar is suppose to be dog friendly, but we were clearly moved to an area that kept the dogs outside a rope line. not so friendly and the couple next to us gave the dogs a look like they had the mange, sorta funny how uptight people are.

Brunswick, Maine
“Good beer, excellent menu”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A convenient walk across busy Route 7 to the brewery. The menu is extensive, my wife ordered a Cobb Salad, I had a sirloin sandwich. Tasty food well prepared and delivered promptly. My seasonal beer (New England Farmer's) full of hops and tasty, just as I prefer. My wife had a nice glass of French wine.
Service was efficient, friendly, and timely.
A good dinner.....

Goshen, Connecticut
“Weak bartender experience”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Showed up July 4th at 4 pm for dinner. The restaurant was fairly busy so the host told us our table would be ready when a couple finished deserts. She offered a bench or we could have a drink in the bar. The drink sounded good so my wife sat at a small table and I stood behind the bar chairs (the bar was full) - $ 20 in hand for two brews. The bartender did not acknowledge me (she wasn't that busy). 10 minutes later two bar seats opened up and we moved to those chairs at the end of the bar. Someone came the bartender directed the patron to a reserved table and poured him a beer without him asking and handed it right over my shoulder - still no acknowledgement that we were at her bar. She then went to the beginning of the bar and took drink orders for 3 or 4 guys that were also standing behind the bar - they actually arrived after we did. We then walked out and took my business to a bar in the center of town. I won't be back after wasting twenty minutes at the Barrington Brewery.

New Hartford, Connecticut
“Great service and beer”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Drove a hour to visit and it was worth it. ( we like to try different craft beer breweries and pubs).
The service was fast and a good variety of craft beers to choose from including some seasonals.
They also had a very large menu selection and 3 daily specials. I had the NY combination which was a open face pastrami & corned beef on 2 slices of rye with dressing and slaw and swiss cheese on it. So it filled the plate. It came with a side of slaw or you could order fries. I thought the meat was a little overcooked and dry today. My wife also thought her burger was overcooked.
We will return for more beer and give there meals another chance. Maybe go back when a little cooler so could try sitting on there patio.

New Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wide selection of food & good brews”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our first time there and I was pleasantly surprised. There was a wide selection of food - something for everyone. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to order. The prices were reasonable. There was a adequate selection of craft beers. My son and I had the burger special with Gouda cheese & onion rings. I should have told the waitress that I preferred medium-rare as it arrived very well done. My husband had the pastrami & corned beef sandwich which filled the plate. The desserts all looked yummy. The service was good and the waitress attentive & friendly. I just wish she would have addressed us as 'folks' and not 'guys'. But that seems to be what everyone does these days. We will be visiting here again.