“Good Greek!”
Review of Aegean Breeze

Aegean Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
Aegean Breeze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Babylon, NY
“Good Greek!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice looking Greek restaurant located right near our hotel so we decided to give ugh a shot. It was raining, so we needed to eat inside which was nicely decorated and very clean. Service was good, waitress wasn't overly friendly, but was efficient. Hummus appetizer was good, entree was good too. I had the sea bass. Good portions of food. Worth a visit if in the GB area.

Visited July 2014

New York
“Very spotty experience”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Place is a mixture of good, average and terrible with average Berkshire-tourist prices. First off, the good: outdoor patio where wife and I had dinner the other night is a very pleasant, comfortable place and, once seated, a server showed up promptly and took our orders. From that point on things went markedly downhill. I ordered a glass of wine. It arrived promptly, but the table was left bare ... no bread, no pita, no olives, no nothing and no one to show any interest in correcting the oversight. At one point, and for some odd reason, some server rushed over to our table, hurriedly removed two extraneous plates that had been set there, managing to reach across both of us in the process (a definite no-no) and left before we could say anything to her. When the meals came the food was good. Not spectacular but "good", plain, average "good" but the presentation of my order was abominable. I'd ordered Spanakopita (sp?) and a side salad. Both were crowded on to the same plate ... a large, unadorned slab of warm Spanakopita and an ice cold, oil-dressed salad. It was a presentation reminiscent of an army mess hall. We made our post-meal complaints to the management as we left. Their "I'm sorry" response seemed so off-handedly automatic that I'd be surprised if either serving staff or kitchen ever had their failures pointed out to them..

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank otisv8
New York
“Many seating options and wonderful food!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

When I noticed that there was a Greek restaurant within walking distance from our hotel, I was thrilled!

One of our favorite (albeit decadent) Greek comfort foods is Pastitsio (i.e. Greek "lasagne). We went to this restaurant's facebook page to ask if they ever offer that and they said they would try and do so on the day that we dined. Well guess what? It was one of the specials that night! That shows me that the management at this place is very attentive and interested in pleasing their diners. How nice was that! And, it was delicious and sublime! I loved the nuances of the seasoning they used in it and the fresh herbs including very subtle fresh mint! Outstanding!

I also read somewhere that the Chef has their own farm and beehive. We ordered Baklava and the honey used in that Baklava was so fragrant that I feel it just had to be from a local beekeeper. Basically, it was the best Baklava we have ever had.

I noticed they had fresh sardines on the menu. Had I not been so full from lunch I had earlier that day, I would have ordered those in addition. WOW! How often does one see fresh sardines on ANY menu? They also had Santorini style casseroles which looked outstanding.

I loved the various seating options. You can sit outside, on a sunporch or inside. The place is very pretty with your typical blue and white Greek highlights. Service was excellent but they were very quick with the food so if you want some extra time for drinks/wine prior to your meal it might be best to let them know. House wine "pour" was generous and reasonably priced. OPA!

• Visited June 2014
Norfolk, Connecticut
“Great grilled octopus and calamari awesome atmosphere.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The food was a wonderful experience, grilled octopus and calamari that was perfect not rubbery at all, great wine list.

• Visited May 2014
rochester
“Dinner place”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with two friends. We were the only people in the place. Nice atmosphere but had the look and feel of a chain restaurant. Menu selection large but again the kind of choices you get at a Greek chain. No specials or anything outstanding. Food quality was again fine but nothing that could compare to some of the other choices nearby. Might try it for dinner if you have a hankering for standard Greek restaurant fare.

• Visited May 2014