“$1.00 for chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Xicohtencatl

Xicohtencatl
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wynne, Arkansas
“$1.00 for chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Marguaritas are expensive but great, food is good, but when our party of four asked for more chips we were charged $1.00. Admittedly, not much, but still, it was that small thing that we remembered, not the great food or good service.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mary j

Malden, Massachusetts
“go for the mole sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great food and tequila. if you love mole sauce this place has 3 different kinds I had the their traditional mole and it was delicious. The have a big tequila selection including Grand Patron. The sangria is excellent too. The food price are reasonable. The restaurant is not loud, you can have a conversation. We will try this place again when we are back in the area .

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“The worst Mexican food for miles around....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I'm really surprised at the positive reviews. My experience was much different. Without a doubt, the worst Mexican food I have ever had. The Fajitas (lukewarm) were soaked in oil. The refried beans were inedible. The Fajitas came with 1 small tortilla. I asked for another. I was charged $1.50 for the extra tortilla. I was charged $1 for chips (that’s ok) but they charged me $2 for a tiny, tiny cup of salsa. When I inquired about the extra charges, the guy scoffed and just blew me off. Value = ZERO! Food= ZERO! On a positive note, the waitress was very friendly and pleasant. Definitely would not recommend. Too many other places in Great Barrington where you can have an enjoyable experience dining out.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike P
“never fails to satisfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

This restaurant features fresh and local items when available. Every choice I've sampled so far has been light but filling, always perfectly seasoned and tasty, beautifully presented and reasonably priced. The drinks are wonderful and the setting and atmosphere are joyous! No kidding. It sits on a main conduit to town and yet it's so very pleasant. There is seating inside the restaurant with separate dining rooms, there is seating on their wraparound porch and there is seating in the front patio/yard and I believe you can have your dog out there. Just enough festive lighting, no loud music to drown out conversation and exceptional service. Absolutely my favorite restaurant in Great Barrington, hands down! Do NOT miss it!

Visited August 2013
NY
“Good place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a great place to come to either with friends or family. I have been here with groups of friends as well as just with my husband for a lunch or dinner date. Been going here in the summers (when we happen to be in the Berkshires) for five years. Great sangria (fun to share with a group) and delicious margaritas (many flavors!). I like to order vegetarian dishes there while my husband has dug into more of the meat/chicken dishes. One thing you MUST TRY is the corn on the cob - they prepare it with an insane mix of flavors/herbs. It is delicious - don't miss this!!

• Visited August 2012