“Find another place for lunch.”
Review of Xicohtencatl

Xicohtencatl
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2013

When I looked at the extensive menu posted outside the restaurant, I was looking forward to lunch. We were greeted and seated right away, and handed the lunch and drink menus. There were about 100 different drinks and maybe 10 options for food, none of which I was thrilled about. I ordered the chicken fajitas, my husband got the only enchiladas on the menu. There were no chips and salsa brought to the table or offered, and we did not ask. The food came pretty quickly. As I said, I ordered the fajitas, but I should have said fajita, it came with 1 lukewarm, chewy tortilla and was covered in chopped chives, which were not in the description, and I do not like. My husband said his meal was fine, he loves Mexican food, "fine" is not good. The prices did not seem unreasonable until we tasted the food. Maybe dinner is better than lunch, but we won't be going back to find out.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were vacationing in Lee Mass. and looked thru the recomendation from the front desk at our Resort, and picked this Mexican Restaurant. WOW great food, those ribs wuth chipolte exquisit. My wife is very demanding but she was very amazed. Great service, people were amazing.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This is a warm, welcoming place with carefully made sauces, fresh fresh seafood. Margaritas are perfect, try the ceviche, the moles, the guacamole in the molcajete. Service is uniformly good. Great for families, but i have come here alone and still felt comfortable. My kids love the agua frescas and the tasty horchata milk drink when they have it.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Marguaritas are expensive but great, food is good, but when our party of four asked for more chips we were charged $1.00. Admittedly, not much, but still, it was that small thing that we remembered, not the great food or good service.

1  Thank mary j
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great food and tequila. if you love mole sauce this place has 3 different kinds I had the their traditional mole and it was delicious. The have a big tequila selection including Grand Patron. The sangria is excellent too. The food price are reasonable. The restaurant is not loud, you can have a conversation. We will try this place again when we are back in the area .