“Our third great visit!”

The Inn at Sweet Water Farm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We are two well-traveled couples who tried a variety of other b&b's in the Berkshires before discovering the Inn at Sweet Water Farm. We have never looked back! Lynda and Andrei extend a warm welcome. The inn is charming and comfortable but not fussy. There's plenty of room to sit and chat for hours indoors or out. The breakfasts are amazing -- Lynda produces a variety of home-baked goodies every day, omelets with eggs and vegetables from their own backyard, homemade jams and freshly squeezed juices. In the evening you can enjoy port or limoncello by the fireplace. The rooms are comfortable and you are pampered with lovely linens and toiletries. Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artsfan

Reviewed 15 June 2012

When I first read the reviews for this bed and breakfast, I was skeptical. No one gets perfect reviews, even if they deserve them. I suspected a stacked deck! ;-)

This Inn does get excellent reviews, and it definitely deserves them. The hosts are gracious, serving food to your table, and handling any other request you may have. The room we stayed in was perfect; the breakfast was too delicious (I wish I ate more but couldn't -- and I don't typically eat breakfast!). I will return as soon as I can!

In short, I highly recommend this as "the" place to stay in the Berkshires.

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the first floor. It was large, quiet, and I would definitely ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazzafcionado
Reviewed 17 May 2012

An absolutely lovely b&b in a beautiful part of New England. The rooms were lovely, as is the common space (comfy sofas, lots of good books, port by the fire), every detail taken care of. Lynda is a friendly host and an excellent cook - the breakfast was incredible - fresh eggs from her hens, herbs picked from the garden, and lots of other local offerings, with lots of choice. A really relaxing and wonderful stay. Wish we could have stayed all week!

Room Tip: Room 2 has two brass beds, one double and one single, good for family. Very comfortable and quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

If you're going to be in the area, reserve to stay here! There could not be more comfortable accommodations or inn-keeping more lovingly provided. Lynda's extraordinary skills in the kitchen and the locally sourced food is an unparalleled experience of delight. The inn is filled with beautiful artwork, antiques, comfortable sitting areas, tea and talks by the hearth and lovely views of the countryside. The rooms are very tastefully decorated with the very best linens available. The inn is located in an area that has tons for every type of traveller. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I recently stayed here with a group of friends to celebrate a special birthday and we had the most enjoyable experience. Lynda is a fabulous hostess who clearly took great pleasure in making our stay a memorable one. Her gourmet home cooking cannot be matched. Breakfast is a marvelous array of delectable specialties--omelets made with the freshest homegrown eggs, cheeses, savory meats and wonderful breads and jams. The scones, muffins and croissants are to die for. Really! The Inn is well situated in the Berkshires and the long day of exploration could not have ended any better than with a well-deserved massage at one of the local spas. After dinner and an evening spent singing and laughing around the brilliant fireplace, a restful night tucked into bed surrounded by the most comfortable Egyptian cotton sheets made for a deep and treasured sleep. I can't wait for my next visit to the Inn at Sweet Water Farm!

Room Tip: I've stayed twice and the rooms are cozy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Noreen M
Reviewed 26 March 2012

It is always wonderful to escape to the Inn for a weekend of rest and rejuvenation. The Inn is relaxed and comfortable and centrally located. Lynda is a the areas best guide with a broad knowledge of what to do and where to go regardless of the time of year. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and cozy with some of the nicest sheets you'll ever slip into. Lynda's breakfasts are legendary. The combination of local ingredients and their creative use make for a delicious start to any busy day in the Berkshires. The morning sideboard is always set with coffee and some delicious baked goods, they are always a treat. While you are there, enjoy the wonderful water that beats anything you will ever get out of a bottle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2012

While trying to plan a quick getaway for my husband and I to celebrate his 32nd birthday I came across the Inn at Sweet Water Farm. After reading the amazing reviews I knew that this would be a great place to relax while trying our luck at skiing for the first time. Was I ever right, my husband and I arrived on a Thursday evening to a cheerful Andrei shoveling the driveway for our arrival and upon entering the Inn we were warmly greeted with such a lovely engaging and welcoming smile from Lynda. From the moment that we entered we were treated more like an old friend or a part of the family rather that two strangers checking in for the first time. Both Lynda and Andrei gave us great information about the area, maps for local trails, a book filled with the menus of local restaurants and advice on where to get great drinks. After enjoying a fresh pot of coffee and snacks we retreated to our room (number 4) to refresh after our two hour drive and get ready for dinner at Fiore restaurant. To our surprise we were greeted once again after dinner by Andrei who had a beautiful fire going, he offered tea and wine and kept us company with intriguing conversation!

Before heading to bed Lynda asked us around what time we would like breakfast to be ready and sure enough we awoke to the most amazing smell wafting up the stairwell to the second floor. Who needs an alarm clock when Lynda is cooking! Waiting for us downstairs each morning was a variety of fresh baked pastries, fresh coffee and a FULL menu of breakfast and brunch items that she prepares fresh and per your order. All of the food is locally sourced and fresh organic! The attention to detail and passion that she puts into cooking is amazing! She told us that prior to purchasing the Inn she hosted dinners at her home that started with close friends and the list grew to the point that she had to move around furniture to house all of her foodie fans! By the end of the weekend my husband and I vowed to make this our home away from home. Once you go I’m sure that you will feel the same!

Room Tip: We toured all but two of the rooms they each have their own individual charm and all have private ba...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Bar...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
#2 of 12 in Great Barrington
The Barrington
The Barrington
#4 of 12 in Great Barrington

Been to The Inn at Sweet Water Farm? Share your experiences!