“Good food, but pricey”

Dining options: Reservations
Canaan, Connecticut
“Good food, but pricey”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great atmosphere. Friendly staff who were very attentive. Food is very good, but not spicy enough for my taste, I ask for food extra spicy, but still rarely is the food spicy enough. Prices are a little high but portions are big. Frequently find coupons for $10 off meal and this is a great savings.

rochester
“So-So”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there. Nicely decorated. Friendly host but waiter was perfunctory and scarce. For example he never came back to ask if our food was good or to bring us anything beyond the plates of food we ordered. I wanted chopsticks but gave up after a while. The tangerine chicken was 7/8ths breading with a snip of chicken meat buried within. Didn't expect it to be cheap but it was overpriced for what we received and the lack of service. Heard of another place nearby that we will try next.

N.J.
“Tastey treats”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Koi on Labor Day and had a wonderful dinner. The service was fast and one dining room was filled, so they put us in the other dining room. I thought at first it wouldn't be as nice as the main dining room but I was wrong. Sound proofed padded walls in nice fabric, wonderful staff and yummy food. We will return!

Plantation, Florida
“Wonderful Asian cuisine and service”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This very spacious and comfortable location has all you could ask for in a good chinese restaurant. Excellent fresh food fast service at reasonable prices and very nice atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
Sheffield, Massachusetts
“Surprise!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Koi sits 'around the corner' kind of from everything else on the main strip. I'd driven by it a hundred times never pulled in by anything overtly visible from the outside. A friend got me through the doors and it was love at first sight. (so to speak) I was surprised not only by the bright yet eloquent beauty of the decor but also by the warm greeting, smiles and friendliness of the owners, and staff. My first meal was my 'staple' order of Chinese. However, I was so enamoured by the beauty, great service, and friendliness of Koi that I went back and truly explored the menu. The food is DELICIOUS, and the amount of it piled onto my plate was enormous and a great value considering the price. The service was outstanding. Having been only once prior, the waitor remembered me and greeted me like a regular. I've since become one! Koi is a beautiful and delicious place to go where one can enjoy a varied menu, full proportions at a fair and not over inflated price, and always fabulous & friendly service. It's also a safe and comfortable place for a woman to go, and sit quietly after a long day to enjoy a drink at the bar. They have a great bar! The welcome always feels genuine, yet with a respectable amount of space if privacy & quiet is your preference. Turn the corner and escape the chaos of mad traffic that either end of Great Barrington offer during mid summer and enjoy Koi for all it's worth. I doubt very much you'll be disappointed, or that your first visit will be your last. ;)

• Visited March 2013