“Lives up to DEAD LAST in GB!!!”

Bogie's Steak & Ale
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Do not go here! The food is aweful! My husband asked for his prime rib to be well done. It was medium at best. I requested no tomatoes in my wrap, but they were throughout some pre-made slop. The kicker was when we paid and the waitress/bartender was unable to get the computer to process our debit card. The suggestion to us from another woman was to be more prepared by having another card to use. Ummm...okay?!? It's YOUR computer! I can throw 50 debit cards at you, and it wouldn't solve the problem! So, $5 in ATM fees later, that my husband had to drive to while I stayed behind, we got a "Sorry" and left VERY unhappy!

1  Thank JMSmall24

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have vacationed in the Berkshires for 26 years, and love to try new restaurants each year. My husband and I went to Bogie's Steak & Ale on our recent vacation. We were unimpressed when we drove up to the restaurant - it kind of looked like a "dive" - but we went in anyway, and were pleasantly surprised. The interior was nice, with freshly refinished floors, simple tables and chairs, adequate lighting, a bar, and a pool table in an adjoining room.The menu was surprisingly ample. We started with a nice salad and warm tasty bread. We both ordered the Prime Rib. It was perfectly done, flavorful and juicy. The baked potatoes and seasonal vegetables served with it were also nicely done. We declined dessert, as we were quite full and satisfied. The service was very good, and we were happy with our dining experience. My suggestion would be to improve the exterior appearance of the restaurant, which would make it more appealing to try.

1  Thank NMoore2896
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Looking back, I should have known by the lack of cars in the parking lot at 6:00pm on a Saturday night that this was not going to end well. This place is more bar than restaurant although the layout would indicate that it once cared about serving good food. The place is dumpy for sure. The entrance takes you directly into the bar area where several locals seem to be rooted in their stools. The service was painfully slow. Perhaps it was because they knew what they were going to be bringing to the table and were embarrassed by it? That would make sense because the food was a nightmare. Everything seemed to be underseasoned, overcooked and thrown together without any regard to presentation. We left in disgust. Just awful.

2  Thank alcool17
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My family and I went to Bogie's after a long day of skiing. We chose Bogie's because of the reviews on this site. Big mistake !
The service was ever so slow. The food was terrible. If your in the mood for bar food ie, Nacho's, wings, etc, then this place will do. Unfortunately, for dinner entree's like the prime rib expect more fat than meat. I ordered a filet mignon which states on the menu that it's 8 oz. It was more like 4 oz and was served to me dry and tough. I promptly returned the filet only to be told they were out of filet mignon. How can you be a steak house and not have filet mignon ? To top it off the waitress at the end of our meal gives me a check with the gratuity already added. We were only a table of 5. I guess she was afraid of getting stiffed.
This place is a bar mascarading as a restaurant. Don't waste your money or your time !!

1  Thank mike m
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We tried Bogies recently and we were in for a real letdown. I would never go back. The service was bad and the food no better. With all the places to eat in GB I'm surprised Bogies remains in business.

3  Thank tom g