So many people have written glowing accounts of Hasu Patel and his motel and I can now understand why. Actually, there's not much to add.
From outside it looks not much different from your average highway motel, well except for the Gazebo, inside is where the difference lies. A Clean and tidy room, great shower, beds were nice (my room had two, my preference was to the more firm one), microwave and 'fridge, WiFi, and a good value, particularly for the location.
The only thing that was a disappointment was that there was no breakfast on offer when I stayed. Yes there's a coffee shop nearby but breakfast was a missing item which was a little bit of a downer.
I'm often in the area and will most definitely put this little place to the top of my list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're just minutes away from Tanglewood and summer playhouses. There are historical sites, museums, beautiful scenery, and the Berkshires' own special blend of antiques and country shops. If it's the outdoors you like, there is canoeing, biking or hiking trails. The winter season provides you an abundance of cross-country and downhill skiing nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lantern House Motel Great Barrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern House Motel Great Barrington Hotel Great Barrington
- Lantern Hotel Great Barrington