“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

So many people have written glowing accounts of Hasu Patel and his motel and I can now understand why. Actually, there's not much to add.

From outside it looks not much different from your average highway motel, well except for the Gazebo, inside is where the difference lies. A Clean and tidy room, great shower, beds were nice (my room had two, my preference was to the more firm one), microwave and 'fridge, WiFi, and a good value, particularly for the location.

The only thing that was a disappointment was that there was no breakfast on offer when I stayed. Yes there's a coffee shop nearby but breakfast was a missing item which was a little bit of a downer.

I'm often in the area and will most definitely put this little place to the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 17 March 2012

First time here, will defineately return. Great value & location for $$. Nice size room with tv, microwave, refrigerator, own thermostat, lots of towels & hot water. Very friendly & helpful staff. Close to outlet mall & skiing.

• Stayed March 2012
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Brad and I have been coming there for a little over 3 years and great service, $ is right for a quick ski adventure, love the new rooms done over very well and sharp, This is how we heard about you through this on line experiences and I hope you to will take the chance on what I have written. Great Barrington is just so pretty, we are thinking about after retirement to plant ourselves here. And everyone here is so pleasant. Joann Kerr New London.CT

Room Tip: # 8 I love this room Thank you Hasu for the great manager you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed here for one night in February 2012 with our three-year-old. The room was super-clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location is quite convenient as well. The owner, Hasu, is very friendly and spent a bit of time talking to me on the phone and explaining the different accommodation options, and even showed me an additional room when we checked in so I could decide which one I preferred. We were in Room 15, which is actually in a separate building from the main motel, and I loved it because due to the configuration, we had no adjoining rooms on either side of us. So not only was it very quiet for us, but we also knew our daughter wouldn't bother anyone with her early-morning wake-up call! It was also nice to be able to control our own heat on a chilly Berkshires night.

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 11 are in a separate building and both very quiet and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We had another wonderful Ski vacation at Butternut, and stayed once again at the Lantern. Also, my sister and her family came up this year and stayed there. The rooms are very clean, reasonably priced, warm and inviting and the beds were like heaven to sleep on. As always, Hasu Patel, the owner is very hospitable and attentive to his guests. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: The Lantern has a separate unit consisting of several connecting rooms that have their own bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Clean rooms, comfy beds, wonderful choice. He showed me three rooms to pick from. Great price too. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2012
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Hasu's delightful motel on a number of occasions. It's my preference to the chain style hotels I could have stayed in just up the road. It's the personal attention Mr. Patel extends to his guests. When he knows I'll be arriving late he fills my ice bucket for me. The extra little effort adds to the value. Thanks Hasu.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Briarcliff Motel
Briarcliff Motel
#1 of 10 in Great Barrington

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!