“Crazy Lady” 2 of 5 bubbles

Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Crazy Lady”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Lantern House Motel for 5 days. While the facilities and service were standard and acceptable for this $200/night motel, the service was off. The facilities were run by a husband/wife team. While the husband was friendly and helpful, the wife was awful - mean, rude, and very disrespectful to my son, and my mother, and me on several occasions. This began from the moment I checked in, and proceeded to get worse. She even yelled at us and made an unnecessary scene with my son and me when walking back from the pool. To make matters worse, my son and I were playing catch with a soft ball in the large field, near an unused playground setup, at a safe distance from the rooms, and she yelled again, and directed us tp play way back near the woods, in a wet, uneven, buggy area just to be mean. Truly, she had no good reason to treat us like this and I think she is mentally deranged.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Eric B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sharon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was skeptical when Hasu gave me a price of $65 for a room with 2 queen beds for a Thursday night. I had previously called the nearby Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn and their lowest price for the same accommodations was $170. The property is clean well maintained and the room was up to date beyond my expectations.

Hasu was extremely accommodating and very concerned that I was satisfied in all respects with my stay there. I would not hesitate at all to stay there again if my travels take me back to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert_Pais
Bluffton, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Driving through Great Barrington,MA my wife and I needed a clean place to stay overnight. By luck we found the Lantern House Motel. The owners Hasu & Bharti Patel showed us 3 different rooms and told us the prices, then let us choose which room we wanted. After reviewing some of the local hotel and motel prices before finding this Jewel we saw prices that were geared to gouge.
But the Lantern House was very reasonable and affordable for retirees on a fixed income.

The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was very basic, but it was fresh and good. I personally liked the coffee. This Motel was better, cleaner, and more affordable than most,if not all, motels and hotels in the area. Your choices of food for breakfast, lunch and, dinner are within walking distance. You are adjacent to the number one doughnut shop in the entire area (trip advisor). As far as the convenience of this location, you can't find better. Tanglewood, Albany, Saratoga as well as Major roads and NY & MA turnpikes are close by. If you are value minded consumer you must stay here. This was a great find, my wife and I will stay here again. If you stay here tell the owners that the couple from South Carolina recommended their motel. Forgot to say, but Internet service was outstanding and the pool was in back. Also, the grounds were well taken care of.

Room Tip: I didn't see a bad room. We like building number 1. Tell the owner what you are looking for: si...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Polishjedi
Queens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a great find in the Berkshires. I was initially attracted to the beautiful flowers that made everything very inviting. The Patels' , a husband and wife team, were gracious, helpful and very knowledgeable of the area. The room was spotless and the room was very large with great air conditioning. I stayed for two days and paid a very reasonable price which included continental breakfast. The Motel is conveniently located and has everything you would need.

Room Tip: Very quiet area. I stayed in room 103 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed in various hotels and motels in this area and were so pleased with the value of this motel!
First of all, the owner is very attentive and responsive. He promised a clean and comfortable stay and definitely delivered. Very clean room with brand new comfortable beds, nice sheets and new rugs. A great breakfast room,(a la carte) well stocked, and coffee was very good. (And I love Coffee)
The property has very nice pool outback and little play area that kept my 2 nephews busy for an afternoon.
The motel is very close to town, restaurants, hiking, biking trails..really reasonable rate!!!
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Any room is fine!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Keyport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

As a cycling enthusiast, I really wanted to go to GB to ride on some of the roads and experience the town, as I heard a lot of great things about GB. I looked to TripAdvisor to see which hotel would best suit me, so I chose The Green Lantern. At first, I was skeptical as some of the other hotels in the area were really pricey. However, I was totally shocked and amazed at the price and the hospitality offered by the hotel manager. The manager even let me bring my bike into my hotel room!

A couple of other notes: the hotel is located down the block from a really cool bike shop. Additionally, the hotel is on a flat road so you can warm up accordingly for a bike ride (don't worry, there are plenty of hills that you will encounter in the area ;)). It is also equidistant from the GB town center and a nearby state park (both 1.5 miles away respectively). There are plenty of high quality restaurants in the area (or if you prefer something traditional, there is a McDonalds and a Subway store down the block). I should add that there is a really cool donut shop next door to the hotel (mmm....donuts). To note: there is a continental breakfast that is offered at this hotel.

In short, this hotel stay was really awesome and I will most definitely visit the area and the hotel again. For anyone that wants to do the Great Barrington bike ride on 8/16/14, I would strongly suggest staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Location
1 Thank mslater2009
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed a night here in Aug 2013 while hiking the AT. They welcomed hikers and offered clean, well maintained rooms at a fair price. Friendly staff and a good nights sleep. Can't as for anything more. Jeff

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
      Location
1 Thank Jeff C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 9 in Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 9 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 9 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!