We recently stayed at the Lantern House Motel for 5 days. While the facilities and service were standard and acceptable for this $200/night motel, the service was off. The facilities were run by a husband/wife team. While the husband was friendly and helpful, the wife was awful - mean, rude, and very disrespectful to my son, and my mother, and me on several occasions. This began from the moment I checked in, and proceeded to get worse. She even yelled at us and made an unnecessary scene with my son and me when walking back from the pool. To make matters worse, my son and I were playing catch with a soft ball in the large field, near an unused playground setup, at a safe distance from the rooms, and she yelled again, and directed us tp play way back near the woods, in a wet, uneven, buggy area just to be mean. Truly, she had no good reason to treat us like this and I think she is mentally deranged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're just minutes away from Tanglewood and summer playhouses. There are historical sites, museums, beautiful scenery, and the Berkshires' own special blend of antiques and country shops. If it's the outdoors you like, there is canoeing, biking or hiking trails. The winter season provides you an abundance of cross-country and downhill skiing nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Lantern House Motel Great Barrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern House Motel Great Barrington Hotel Great Barrington
- Lantern Hotel Great Barrington