Mountain View Motel
Days Inn Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$122
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$84
Wainwright Inn(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$186
Monument Mountain Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$78
Thornewood Inn(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$189
The Barrington(Great Barrington)
US$307
Hotels.com
Briarcliff Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$152
Windflower Inn(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$161
Orbitz.com
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelocity
All reviewsthe ownerno frillsfree coffeehot showergreat valuefamily ownedhot cocoanice stayski butternutshower stalllime rock parkbed was very comfortablefriendly ownersone night stayquiet at nightplenty of parkingrooms are clean
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our stay at Mountain View Motel was excellent. We were in the area to ski at Butternut. First thing: location can't be beat if you're there to ski. Less than a minute from the mountain. Less than 5 minutes from the center of town. We arrived for our 2 night stay on Saturday and the owner was very welcoming and helpful. Made sure the heat was on in our room by the time we arrived so that we wouldn't have to walk into a cold room. The room itself (standard king room) was clean, had a comfortable bed, good sized closet and new furniture. The bathroom was also clean and stocked with towels. I'd recommend bringing your own shampoo and soap, as they supply it but they're small. The rooms don't have a hair dryer or iron but I'm sure the owner would provide upon request.

We were given a coupon for lift tickets at Butternut which was a nice surprise!

I am looking forward to staying here again. The owner truly cares about the comfort of the guests. I wish more places operated like this!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cg_nyc_12
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I went to Tanglewood for a concert and stayed here. This is a quiet, clean, wonderful place to stay, and a very affordable price. The owners were so accommodating and made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely go back in the winter as there are several ski slopes in that area and this would be a good home base.
Nice clean rooms.

1  Thank Anita C
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband and I came to Great Barrington for a Friday night concert at the Guthrie Center the first weekend in October and were looking for accommodations for one night. Because of TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to give Mountain View Motel a try..and the price was right. We were greeted by name by the owner Jignesh on arrival who gave us a large double queen room that was very clean and comfortable with everything you need for a quick stay. Decor seemed recently refreshed. There were adequate electrical outlets in proper places for hair drying and makeup doing. This can be a rarity in much higher end hotels and motels. There were few other guests that night, but it is a tiny bit off the beaten path. Hairdryers and other amenities can be requested from the office. There is coffee in the office in the morning.
We can see it would be a perfect place to stay during ski season.

Our host, Jignesh, was extremely charming, polite and service-oriented. This is a family-owned business that includes Jignesh, his wife and two elementary school children, and his parents. This is the second vintage motel we've stayed at recently that have individuals trying to bring a new life to run-down establishments and make a living. We support this American ideal and encourage others to support their efforts in this age of rubber-stamp chains.

Room Tip: We were "upgraded" to a double queen from a king. It was quite large and had a sink and vanity room between main room and shower/toilet area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the Mountain View Motel. The owner was very kind and hospitable. Everything was very clean and the room smelled good. I stayed in the room with the King size bed and sofa, and I was pleased with how big the room was. It was also in a great location, as it was very close to the main part of Great Barrington.

The biggest disappointment was the soap and shampoo given- they were SO small! They were barely enough for one person. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND BRINGING YOUR OWN SOAP/SHAMPOO if you stay there.

Everything in the room seemed a bit on the older side, but the room was clean, which is what's most important.

Also- there is no continental breakfast, although it advertises one on the sign.

In my opinion it was not worth the money ($190 for one night), but that was the cheapest around for a hotel in the Berkshires on a weekend during the summer. Considering that it was cheaper than all of its competitors, it was a nice place to stay for one night. I would recommend it to others and would stay there again.

1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed one night in the least expensive room. Booking was last minute and few choices were available in GB. The room was clean and the king bed extremely comfortable. The room, however, was very small and the bathroom tiny. No hairdryer. If we stayed again, I would get a more expensive room wiith two queens or two doubles. I was shown those rooms and they were much nicer--much larger with much nicer bathrooms. The motel seems family owned and the family members are all helpful and friendly. This is a simple motel but it served its purpose for a reasonably priced stay given peak summer rates in GB (I.e., if this wasn't a tourist town during peak season I would say overpriced, but it is a tourist town and it was August on the weekend of the Monument Mtn Crafts Fair....).

Room Tip: Get one of the renovated rooms with two queens or at least one with two doubles. Worth the extra money.