“Perfectly Fine” 3 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Great Barrington
Reston, Virginia
“Perfectly Fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is an older property that has been well cared for. The staff is very helpful & friendly and the rooms clean. Its also within easy walking distance of the restaurant center of town. I wouldn't recommend this a a destination hotel but perfectly fine for a few night's stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your kind words. You are right we are a older property, we use to be the Berkshire Motor Inn years ago. Those were the days before branded hotels. We 've updated almost everything in the room and appreciate your kind feedback. Our location just can't be beat if your coming to the Southern Berkshires, just steps from your rooms is downtown Great Barrington one of the best small New England towns. Our restaurants and shops offer the best in the Berkshires. In 2012 Great Barrington was rated the number one best small town in America by Smithonian. I hope you will come again.

Brian Console

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Glen Head, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here this past weekend when coming back from Vermont and Upstate New York. Overall, it wasn't a great hotel for reasons I will describe below-

*The overall motel looked like an inexpensive apartment complex and had plastic chairs in front of each room worsening it's appearance.
*The room we stayed in room 108 had a strange odor to it that upset my stepmother. We had gone to the staff for some spray to relieve it which the staff did not have.
*My stepmother had noted when she took a shower that the water did not drain properly.
*For the above two listed reasons, we considered the staff ineffective at solving given problems.
*The refrigerator was not working
*There were few amenities provided here, we had to go to a neighboring CVS to get a few items of interest.
*The beds seemed relatively comfortable, one positive thing about this hotel.
*The overall price of this hotel was about $110 after taxes, I'd probably give this hotel a higher rating if it cost $70-$80 for the night instead

Overall this place wasn't great but as it did not appear great and as I have had not so great experiences at Days Inns, I was not very surprised.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor, don't expect much from the staff
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank conrade886
Dear Conrade,

I am sorry you did not have a good experience and reqret that we did not resolve the issues while you were here. We really dropped the customer service ball and I apologize. I agree that some things need updating and we are always upgrading, at least during the time I have been here. I have witnessed the following; new flat screen TV's, new carpeting, new pillowtop beds and bedding, new draperied, toto toilets, granite counter tops in the bathroom, lamps, furniture, a new LAN system for better internet, conversion to LED lighting. We will also be opening a new fitness room before the end of August. I hope you will consider a return trip.

Cordially,
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and was very pleased. The staff has outstanding - Brian, Meghan- could not have been more helpful.

The location is great, good restaurants close by and it is only a short walk to downtown Great Barrington.

I will definitly be back.
Joe Z.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor, front of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Joe Z,

Thank you for a great review!!! Having great co-workers makes working here a real pleasure so thanks for the complements. Thanks for mentioning that guests can walk to town, Great Barrington has amazing restaurants and a truly world class theater, the Mahaiwe Preforming Arts Center. Everyone at the Days Inn Great Barrington hopes you will return soon and bring some friends. Take care.

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Great Barrington Days Inn for one night; and even in that short stay I was very impressed. The office staff was very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. I was incredibly impressed with what my money got me, I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dawn C,

Thank you for your review. I agree that for the money we are the best place in town, or we try to be. I can't build a new hotel but we can offer our great refurbished rooms and treat you like a VIP. Thanks and please come again, soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hi to Brian thankyou for our complementary one night stay at your lovely
motel,room was beautiful and clean and stylist,we enjoyed our stay,loved Great Barrington,
restaurants in town were fab too.
so I would recommend anyone travelling around that area ,just stop off there.
Thankyou once again BRIAN for your help.
Kind Regards MR and MRS HOOTON from the UK

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brenda922,

After arriving at your hotel and finding that they were oversold I am glad you were sent here and we could turn around a tough experience and make your stay at Days Inn Great Barrington a memorable one. After all you came all the way from Great Britain to visit out town. Thank you for your kind words and being so nice. I believe expectations make or brake a travel experience, you expected one hotel and were sent to another, I am glad you ended up here.

Cordially,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 9 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 9 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 9 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!