“Excellent Stay”

Days Inn Great Barrington
Forest Hills, New York
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My father and I have just returned from a few days in the Berkshires. We stayed at the Days Inn in Great Barrington. We have stayed there before and always found it to be comfortable, immaculate, conveniently located and moderately priced. This vacation took a bit of a turn in that, we had reservations for Sunday through Friday and my father became ill and needed to have a test taken on the Monday of the week we were supposed to be there. I called the hotel and spoke to Brian the hotel General Manager and told him, I needed to cancel for Sunday and in fact, might need to cancel the whole trip depending on the results of my father's test. Brian couldn't have been nicer, more professional or more accommodating. He said, he would work with me by cancelling Sunday and holding my reservation until after my father's test on Monday. He asked me to call him after the results to confirm one way or the other. Fortunately, my father was able to make the trip. Upon our arrival, Brian greeted us with a very warm smile and welcome. My father is 87 years old and things sometimes change and alternatives need to be offered. When we went into our room, my father realized at this time, he needed to have a handicap accessible bathroom. My father went to the office to ask for one and I went to our previous room to get our luggage. As I walked back, I saw Megan a lovely young red haired lady who is on staff there, escorting my father, holding his hand and an umbrella to shelter him from the rain, bringing him to the new room. The Days Inn custodian (sorry I didn't get his name) who was so helpful, asked if all was okay, showed us how to use the refrigerator and air conditioning and made certain all was good each day we stayed. They all followed up to make certain all was good. My father was aided at every turn including in the morning when he arrived for breakfast, Brian helped him prepare and get his food to the table as my father is a little unsteady if he needs to carry something while using his cane. As mentioned, we have stayed at the Days Inn in Great Barrington numerous times and have always found it lovely and have interacted with the staff only minimally but have always found them very professional and accommodating. This time due to the situation, we got to know Brian, Megan & John more personally and we have to say that they are a wonderful representation for the Days Inn, but also, that they are lovely and caring human beings. As well, I would like to mention that I have read the other reviews and strongly agree with how immaculate the Days Inn is. They are immaculate because they have a really, really good cleaning staff who take great pride in their work and understand the hospitality business. It should be mentioned that the rooms have been updated and the beds are like sleeping on a cloud. They are plush and firm at the same time. That being said, those are semantics, the heart and soul of the Days Inn in Great Barrington is definitely Brian, Megan, John and their support team. We are very grateful for their help and their kindness. We recommend the Days Inn in Great Barrington, if you are looking for a home away from home.

Room Tip: I would say all rooms are equally good. We needed a handicap accessible room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HAPPYCAMPER326

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Parkton
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Days Inn in Barrington is not the quaintest or funkiest kid on the block but for the money you cannot beat this deal. As far as I could tell it was the most convenient motel in town- literally within a 15 minute walk of any restaurant or shop in town- which when the dinner traffic starts flowing on RT7 you will truly appreciate. The beds were amazingly comfy- from what I was told they were just replaced. A large room fridge was great too. No microwave but there was one in the lobby- a two minute walk from our room. TV was adequate though the room was a bit tight for our family of 4. The office staff was truly friendly and efficient. For those nit-pickers, yes some of the aspects of the room were a little dated and the view from our room was a parking lot and a CVS drug store but we weren't there to hang out in the room so we didn't care. There was some road noise and I think a very rare train but nothing that kept us from sleeping. All in all I would recommend to anyone with kids, on a budget, or who enjoys town walking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here on a group garden tour in June. The room was clean and very comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and well-supplied with towels. The day and night managers were both friendly, helpful, and professional, exactly what you want at the front desk. The hotel is conveniently located for shopping and dining, and a great place to stop on a road trip. Definitely worth a stop!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Boston
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights. Rooms were clean and internet worked fine. The room door was not weather tight, I could see light above and below it. It was down pouring rain and the room was very noisy. I had a couple of flies in the room too. When the shower went on above us it sounded like a loud boom. If you are a light sleeper this place is not for you, it was one of the noisiest places I have ever stayed in. It was July 4th weekend and for $225 a night it was certainly not worth it. As far as the breakfast goes, the coffee was tasteless and the pre-ccoked food (eggs & sausage) that you microwaved yourself to make a breakfast sandwich didn't look appealing at all. I did not eat the food, I am not a fan of microwave food. I actually went out to breakfast both mornings, there were plenty of excellent choices near by. If I looked harder I could have found a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank nancyfromMA
Hummelstown, PA
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We only stayed one night as we were in town for the Prairie Home Companion show at Tanglewood. Check in was smooth and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked online and couldn't find a place to get an AARP discount so I had written that in the notes. They saw it and gave me the discount at check in. Nice!

The room was wonderful. Comfortable beds, very clean and odorless room. Everything seemed rather new including the carpeting and furniture. I love it when the sink/mirror are separate from the shower/toilet and this room was built that way. Very nice. Air conditioner was effective and quiet. Curtains were thick and dark keeping out light very well. Two plastic chairs were outside of our door for just sitting on the shared balcony but we didn't have that kind of time.

The town is delightful and we found a late dinner at the Barrington Brewery to hit the spot. The complimentary breakfast in the hotel lobby certainly met our needs. We had the hard-cooked eggs, yogurt with granola, and apple juice along with hot coffee and hot tea. Healthy and filling for getting us on the road for the day.

You never know what you are going to get when you book online. This place was a winner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 9 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#6 of 9 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#4 of 9 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Briarcliff Motel
Briarcliff Motel
#1 of 9 in Great Barrington

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!