“Very friendly local place, fried seafood”

Pete's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We love to go there with friends and family. It is very kid-friendly and has great fried seafood. Order at the counter and sit at a picnic table inside or outside (seasonal). In the summer there is ice cream. They have burgers and other dishes for the non-seafood eaters in your family too.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

All you can eat crispy clams and fries...creamy, chunky clam chowder...yummy stuffed clams...My favorite things to get at Pete's. Go there on Tuesday or Saturday for the all you can eat clam and fish baskets and go on another day and have one of the other great specials...the scallop dinner is also one of my faves. Lots of other choices besides fried seafood...I love their pasta dishes...The chicken, shrimp, and penne pasta with spinach and garlic is pretty darn good. Pete's is a classic New England seafood restaurant and market. It has that seashore, fish shack feel to it. It's warm and inviting...makes you smile and feel as if you are on vacation. So casual and comfortable and in the seasonal weather, you can dine outside. You can even enjoy a cold beer here...which is a great compliment to your tasty meal. It can be busy and bustling at times, but the staff are super friendly. Order at the counter and grab a seat. Pick up your food when you name is called. As a resident of Greenfield for over 15 years, I have been to Pete's too many times to count. This place is always packed with locals. We know where to go for great food :)

1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Having lived in this area thirty years ago, I was looking forward to visiting some restaurants that I had fond memories of....unfortunately, none still existed. In the desert, fresh fish is a rarity. So I looked up other fish restaurants. The generally good reviews I read here enticed me to visit Pete's. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. First off, it was mostly fried foods - and self service for ordering. I was hoping for haddock, but it was not offered on the menu that day. So fish and chips was it - not what I wanted, but I settled. Would I go again? Probably not. A friendly place, obviously enjoyed by locals, but not what I had hoped for.

2  Thank Travelfilter
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I suggest anyone visiting Greenfield take a trip to Pete's for lunch/dinner rather than a chain restaurant which you can have anywhere. Pete's is a hidden gem that provides wonderful seafood and service that transports you to Maine for your meal. The prices are fair and there is a wide selection of food to appease any appetite. It is a casual spot where you can eat inside or outside on a beautiful day.

2  Thank Whitney1218
Reviewed 29 May 2012

On a side street in Greenfield this is the tyoe of place you find on the coast. Classic fired fish but lots more. They have great blackened tuna and swordfish sandwiches done the way you like them. The home made soups have a seafood theme and their pasta dishes are great. They also have an outdoor patio which is nice in the summer.

1  Thank jlp254