“Now that's a burger!”
Review of Brick Wall Bistro - CLOSED

Brick Wall Bistro
Description: Welcome to the home of the new Brick Wall Bistro located at 286 Main Street, Greenfield, MA. 01301. Formerly the Brick Wall Burger, at the same location, the Bistro is not just a burger lover's paradise anymore. We have introduced a much larger and unique menu to include sandwiches, salads, appetizers (check out our very popular corn fritters with local maple syrup.), house made soups, and a whole new dinner menu along with fresh made desserts, featuring Bart's Homemade Ice Cream. We have a beer and wine license and have a full espresso bar.We still grind our meat daily for our grass fed burgers and now offer turkey and spicy salmon burgers along with a black bean burger that is vegan and gluten free. Our twice cooked french fries and sweet potato fries and spicy and regular cole slaw are still a big hit. However please come and try our new sauces and sides to include chimichurri, tropical fruit salsa, chipotle honey salsa, garlic mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, parmesan herb risotto cakes and more. Everything is made fresh on site and we do have something for everyone. Be it Vegan, Vegetarian, Lo Carb, Gluten Free or meat and Fish. "Every Six Weeks" is a program we have started to host here at the Brick Wall Bistro. Every six weeks a new artists hangs their art in our space. Within two weeks of that we host an opening for the artist and public with free passed hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar, in addition to our regular menu.Check our face book page for upcoming shows, daily specials and our trivia question of the day for a free meal!The space is available for renting to larger parties. We are a full service catering company, in business over 30 year, celebrating weddings, cocktail parties, holiday parties, birthday's, bar and baht mitzvah's, bachelor and bachelorette parties, showers, clambakes and so much more.Give us a shout and check us out at the new:Brick Wall Bistro286 Main StreetGreenfield, MA. 01301
Reviewed 30 October 2012

While doing the fall foliage thing, and staying in Deerfield, my wife and I had dinner in Greenfield at the Brick Wall Bistro the day it changed its name from Brick Wall Burger to the Bistro. This isn't just a burger/ sandwich place anymore. Nice menu that we will have to try the next visit. Since it was our first time and both TripAdvisor and our waitress Laura (great waitress) was so gung ho on the burgers, that's what we did. We both had the Gary's Burger Bomb and we both gave it 5stars. I don't think I've ever had a better tasting burger. The restaurant has a nice and comfortable interior, and is in downtown Greenfield; about 4 minutes off Interstate 91. The Bistro is fine for couples, families, or going solo. I wouldn't call it romantic though. But if you're looking for great food at a reasonable price,...this is it.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I thought the food was very clean and tasty. Had a low fat burger, no bun, (I just cannot have bread) which came with a bed of greens, my choice the creamy avocado dressing and I chose the side of sweet potato fries. Yum all around. This was my first time and I will definitely be going back. Lovely atmosphere with elegant old style music. They have booths, tables for two and two bars. All the best Peter!

1  Thank cavegrl777
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Lots of establishments have occupied this space in Greenfield over the years....but I hope the Brick Wall Burgers is here to stay! Gosh these burgers are good, but I do miss the wagu beef that they used to have. That was over the top. Still a fantastic place to eat, with really good handcut fries...both regular and sweet potato. They make their own ketchup and it is amazing good...tastes like there is a little clove in there. One of my favorite items is the spicy coleslaw. You gotta love hot things to eat this cause this is so spicy it will make your nose run. They have some great specialty burgers on the menu and you can also always build your own. I like a 7 oz beef burger medium rare with garlic aoli, portabella mushroom, and pepper jack cheese. The bread they use for the burgers is buttery and more like a briocvhe then a bun. Have eaten in the dining room and have order food to go. Take out is really quick, call and its ready in 15 minutes. But the eat in dining experience can be rather slow, so plan on being there for a relaxing meal. Good price and great quality food. I eat here at least once a month.

1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I think the owner has taken to heart, the lessons from his father. The owner's father is the owner of the now closed Holy Smokes BBQ!!!! Those of you who know that place, it couldn't be beat for BBQ in this quadrant of the U.S. Brick Wall still has one of the sauces from Holy Smokes on the menu (Chipolte BBQ). At Brick Wall, the ketchup is the best you can find, as they make the stuff. I'm not quite sure what's in it, but it's phenomenal. That's saying a lot from me because, I'm not one to use ketchup on everything. I tend to want to taste the burger or the fries before the sauce or covering. In the case of Brick Wall though, they are both so good, that I have to go back and forth between the two. The only burger joint that I would put close to this rating, is the Local Burger in Northampton, MA. Not as good of a burger, but pretty close. I have not had their turkey burgers here, but see my review for the People's Pint for my thought's on Turkey Burgers.

On another note.....I don't understand folks being agitated with decor.........it's a burger joint..... That said, of the burger joints I've been to, this is probably the most dressy of the bunch.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

i absolutely love the burgers here, great portions for a great price,i would recommend to anyone. simply delicious.

1  Thank spider413