“Excellent burritos!”

Mesa Verde
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bursa, Turkey
“Excellent burritos!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Their menu is a little pricey compared to other Mexican restaurants in the area, but it's worth it! The burritos are HUGE and you'll be happy with it. Everything on the menu is delicious. Try it!

Visited May 2013

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Unpretentious Tex-Mex”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As others have mentioned, it's counter service, and that keeps the prices down and the portions more than filling. Apart from basic Tex-Mex, the very friendly owner is always whipping up something special with whatever local ingredients that come along. The atmosphere is extremely casual and homey, and, judging from all the "hellos," chance are that at least one of the customers know another.

• Visited January 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“As promised...mostly!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I first heard about this restaurant on a radio ad that the owner was doing on behalf of ANOTHER local restaurant. With good will like that, how could I resist?
Finally stopped by the other night. I was bringing it home with me and had another errand to run between there and home, so I ordered something I could easily reheat. The spinach enchilada seemed the likeliest culprit.
An hour later, and a barely luke-warm enchilada on the corner of my sofa, I INHALED it. I was so hungry, I couldn't even pause to reheat. Who needed it? Semi-cold and congealed in places, it was absotively delicious! The rice and beans (didn't know they were included) were a light, lovely, flavorful surprise. The crispy toasted cheese on top of a spinach and cheese-rich enchilada complimented the gorgeous sauce. Can't wait to try it all hot!
The only reason I am not delivering five stars is that I expected more warmth and enthusiasm from the counter people. The man who served me was more than efficient, despite the hipster vibe. But, I expected some gushing and cheer from such a popular place, owned by such a compassionate woman. Oh, well... hipsters will rule the world...

• Visited November 2013
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, tasty Mexican style food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The food is really good at this casual restaurant with a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. Order your food at the counter and it will be brought to your table. The decor is nice inside and there are tables on the patio outside in season. It's a fast food place but the negative connotation doesn't apply, the food is too good for that. They serve local beers and good margaritas. A great place for a quick meal as well aas take-out. Prices are low. Family friendly.

• Visited October 2013
North America
“Mesa Verde "bowled" me over!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

On my most recent visit here I enjoyed the Spicy Chorizo Burrito with yogurt and jalapenos (at no additional charge, mind you!) - minus the burrito! All burritos can be served in a bowl, which I love. I can scoop up ingredients in any combination, varying with each spoonful, and save upwards of 200 calories for leaving out the burrito!

I do find their beans, prepared fresh onsite, a bit toothsome for my liking, but they're quite deliciously seasoned. All ingredients are amazingly fresh and it's clear that they pay attention to the details here. Please note that they have a large coffee urn with iced tap water and cups in the dining room if you don't feel like popping for bottled water. I do find it a bit confusing as to why their takeaway menu doesn’t really seem to resemble the chalkboard in-store, many items being on one but not the other.

Each of our visits to Mesa Verde have been quite pleasant. The staff is always very helpful and puts up with our shenanigans with a smile :)

• Visited September 2013