“Simple perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am not someone who gives high marks easily. That said, it is simply impossible to find anything less than wonderful about House on the HIll. Donna is the perfect hostess: polite,relaxed, friendly, willing to talk, but not intrusive and helpful. Our room had its own bathroom. Both the room and bath had all the necessary modern amenities. This house could outshine many homes in "This Old House" with its tasteful and homey decorations that combine class, tradition and whimsy to make this a place you wish you could stay longer. We stayed two nights and had two different scrumptious breakfasts. The bed was just luxurious and inviting-perfect to collapse into after our busy days! The area is beautiful but not remote, with lots to do and see. We had friends in the next room and they felt similarly. We all enjoyed our time together here. My husband travels often for work and stays in quality but universally boring hotels. He was pleasantly surprised with the whole B&B experience. My husband took some time to relax with a book on the front porch swing where it was so serene. Thank you Donna and Alain for a memorable weekend!

Room Tip: We had the street-side room and did not have any difficulty with "traffic" noise. Each ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have no complaints about this lovely Bed and Breakfast! The owners were friendly, kind, and helpful. We were escorted to our room, which was equally as lovely. Everything was clean, up to date, comfortable, and welcoming. The bed was one of the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the shower was clean, the decor was quaint, and the amenities were everything I could need for a comfortable night's stay.
The breakfast the next morning was lovely. Tea, coffee, and spreads were all provided. A fresh meal was prepared for us very quickly, and everything was locally purchased and made.
I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone!

Room Tip: Corner rooms allow for privacy and quiet atmosphere.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The House on the Hill is pristine and lovely, a few minutes from the center of Greenfield and very convenient to nearby Deerfield Academy where our son is a student. Our room was tastefully appointed and very comfortable, especially the soft and luxuriant bed. The WiFi worked well (which is not always the case, in my experience, at Bed & Breakfast inns). Donna was really accommodating, and provided an extra Easter breakfast for our hungry teenage son; the French toast with fresh blueberries was scrumptious. The room was really quiet, too, which made for a wonderful night's sleep. My husband and I would highly recommend the House on the Hill for its beauty, charm and peacefulness, as well as for the excellent service provided by Donna.
It's dog-friendly, too ! We didn't bring our dog this time, but hope to have occasion to do so in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Everything from the serene setting to the comfy bed to the delicious cooked breakfast to the accommodating hosts was perfect. Would highly recommend. Worth a trip just to stay here. Only wish....more nights next time. Our one night stay just wasn't long enough!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnieS509
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I want to thank Donna for taking special care during my second stay at The House on the Hill. This is a spectacular B&B, maintained with a lot of TLC and attention to detail. The breakfast is wonderful, the views are awesome, and the quiet country is a delight. I come back refreshed and full of energy. A special call out to the beds. Ahhhh.... wish I could take one home. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mike_sangha
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before until my recent stay at The House on the Hill.
The only negative thing I can say is my visit was too short. This warm and cozy Bed and Breakfast was recommended to me by friends and I could not be more grateful. I did not know what to expect as I have always stayed at hotels and motels where everything always seems to be the same. Entering The House on the Hill felt like home. The ambiance was warm and welcoming. There was a fire in the wood burning stove and the furnishings were both elegant and comfortable. Our room was perfect. Once again the room was uniquely decorated, and very clean. The bathroom was bright and clean with an array of different colored towels. Donna greeted us and it was like meeting an old friend. I had spoken with her on the phone and she was very helpful with suggesting places to see etc. I had already taken her advice to visit Magic Wings which was a huge success with all of us. Once again she offered any assistance needed taking her time and suggesting multiple choices from restaurants to activities. That night I slept soundly in a very comfortable bed and woke up to a delicious breakfast of pancakes and fresh strawberries. There were other breakfast offerings, but I could not resist the pancakes. Our breakfast was leisurely which in today's fast paced world seems like a thing of the past. Sadly our short visit cam to an end. I cannot wait to return in April and experience this charming home again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan J
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visiting this B+B is a vacation unto itself. It is exquisitely clean, cozy, comfortable and well-kept. The house is beautifully and lovingly furnished; each room has its own special style and features. Everything in the House on the Hill, from the breakfast ingredients, to the beds, to the furniture, to the amazing selection of art on the walls of each room, is locally sourced and has a story behind it--ask Donna for a tour! You could literally spend hours just looking at all the beautiful local treasures throughout the house.

In terms of location, the House on the Hill is convenient to pretty much everything around. You can easily get to Amherst, Northampton, Deerfield, Northfield, etc. It was very convenient to the Northfield Mount Hermon School.

As for the lodging experience--Donna's hospitality is amazing. She is incredibly accommodating and will tell you everything to do in the region. She is also an *amazing* chef who will use the best, freshest local ingredients to prepare delicious breakfasts and sometimes extra treats during the day. Also, the rooms and beds are heavenly in terms of comfort. You cannot lie in these beds without falling asleep immediately!

I am not your typical Bed and Breakfast tourist, but I would come back to Greenfield *just* to stay at this place. Every moment here was a true treat. The House on the Hill provides the experience of (easily) a 5-star hotel, but in a warm, personal environment, and for $140 a night with no tax. Amazing!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, it is possible to request the special first-floor room. I had it and i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sonja H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#2 of 5 in Greenfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!