“The staff”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'm not rating the hotel. I could not find another convienyent hotel in area
Their staff was great. Kate at front desk was going out of her way to find me a ground floor room. I have a walker.
Next I met Cheyenne in the Coroner Cafe (complentary breakfast). She was very helpful with a dynamite personality. She was very efficient in all her duties and greeted each person like an old friend. She helped me with food to table and checked on me frequently. She is an asset who sould be in more visible position.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went with my family for a religious retreat in Amherst and booked two nights at this atrocious hotel. We got there late at night and the smell of cigarettes in the hallway was unbearable . Then we went to the room it looked ok but dark , when we my son try to lay down in one of the beds it had a hole in the middle, I couldn't believe it!! then looking at the ceiling I noticed a cobweb, and wonder when was the last time someone dusted this place. By the morning, we got ready to go to the convention and if I wasn't frustrated enough, I found a roach in the bathroom that's totally unacceptable). I wanted to live that place asap. So we packed our stuff in the car and cancelled the second night. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE. Fortunately, God help us find a nice decent hotel ( Red Roof) which had been recently renovated and the service was excellent. Too bad I didn't take pictures to share, I guess I was too upset. I regret staying here and hope you take my advise so you don't be disappointed.

Room Tip: don't stay here please
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 670stefr
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The only thing good about this place is it's close to the Interstate. Grounds and building poorly maintained. Light bulbs out in the bathroom. Antiseptic smell in the hall. Repairs to facility done in a jerry rigged fashion such as not repairing the sliding glass door lock but adding a channel stick to secure the door. Clock alarm went off in a next door room around midnight. Kept us awake. The night clerk didn't have a clue as to what to do. You can tell that this property is a franchise and not a Choice Hotel property. The name Quality Inn is misrepresented. Breakfast area attendant stares at you like a hawk to see if you are going to take anything back to the room. The front desk manager was understanding and helpful. The only positive thing there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkscooter
Reviewed 28 August 2013

at first glance the room looked ok. my wife needed a shower and found that the drain was plugged and found herself in 3 inches of soapy water. the toilet ran constantly after flushing, the sink drain was unusable (broken),and when I thought it can't get any worse the cockroaches appeared to let me know otherwise. finally, it was like bunking up with a herd of goats in a 3rd world country, the urine smell in the hall should have tipped me off.

Room Tip: want a good room ?, choose another motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Before staying at this QI I read TA reviews, but stayed there anyway because we were hopeful things had changed. They hadn't. I was raised in an era where we were told "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." So I'll say something nice - the QI of Greenfield was built at a time when land was cheap so the rooms could be large. There, I said something nice. The bathroom floor of rm. 169 was alternately slippery and sticky and there's no exhaust fan, so the shower curtain was mildewed. The carpet was worn. Back when the hotel was built the only electric things in a room were lamps, a TV and a clock. Now we have phones, computers, mp3s...and no empty electric outlets. Not one! I did find that they used an extension chord which did have one empty spot to plug in my phone, but their internet connection was terrible making using my computer difficult. But the bed. Oh my, that bed. It felt like a 500 lb. person had slept in it for 2 weeks. My husband used pillows to prop himself so he wouldn't roll into the middle and I clung to the edge. I'd had a better night's sleep during a sleep study when I was plugged into an EEG & and EKG. We did ask for a room change for the 2nd night. 167 had the same no exhaust fan, but at least the shower curtain was newer so no mildew, the bed was not too bad (I checked before changing rooms) but carpet the had torn spots making it a tripping hazard. This inn is convenient to family so we'd hoped it wasn't as bad as the previous reviews at this site, but clearly management doesn't care because it's the only show in town. We'll be staying in Hadley next trip up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked my room online and read the reviews AFTER I had made my reservation so I was a little afraid that I had made a mistake....Once I got here I was a little confused and wondered- where on earth were these people's rooms?! My impression of this hotel was the complete opposite of what the majority of the reviews had stated. Now, this is by no means a 5 star hotel BUT if you are in need of a bed and a place to stay for a night or two, I think the Quality Inn serves its purpose. The staff at the check in desk were very friendly and since I had booked my room online, check in was quick and painless...I was also able to have my two small dogs stay in my room with me and for a hotel that allows pets, I have to say the cleanliness of the hallways/rooms was immaculate. In fact, the overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good, like I said, this isn't a 5 star hotel and the building seemed to be old but I did not at anytime feel as if I was staying in a "dump". I probably wouldn't stay here if I was looking for a hotel for more than a day or two, but the friendly staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel/rooms and the somewhat decent price for an overnight stay would probably make me at least consider staying here again if I visited the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Unfortunately I made this reservation in haste. The bottom line is that you don't want to stay here even if you have to stay in another town.
I knew this wasn't a good idea as soon as we drove up. The beds at the entrance had two foot weeds that didn't happen overnight. The entire exterior appeared as it had not been painted i twenty year.
Inside everything looks as it is original. The halls and rooms are dark withhold black and brown carpet. The walls are dented with poor patches.
Except for a newer television and possible a new faucet everything seems original.
The bathroom floor was dirty and the bath towels threadbare.

Room Tip: Read reviews stay away from this chain. If they have one property like this they will have another
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#10 of 10 in Brattleboro
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!