“Your last choice is here”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Poorly maintained with a bed slightly softer than the floor. The only bright spot was the free breakfast. Even then, the famous waffle iron was broken and repair date unknown. Budget price but not worth the compromise.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am not a high maintenance person - but this place was bordering nasty. The staff was pleasant and helpful - that is what saved them from a 1 star. As well as a pretty decent breakfast - although you should really keep your perishables chilled.
The hotel smelled like mold and curry. The rooms were just atrocious. They were "clean" but just need a whole redo. I was too freak out to even shower. The beds were like lumpy rocks. Ceiling tiles were broken or missing not only throughout hotel but also my room.
There was nothing else available at the time I booked so I had no choice, but don't stay here if you can find somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'm not rating the hotel. I could not find another convienyent hotel in area
Their staff was great. Kate at front desk was going out of her way to find me a ground floor room. I have a walker.
Next I met Cheyenne in the Coroner Cafe (complentary breakfast). She was very helpful with a dynamite personality. She was very efficient in all her duties and greeted each person like an old friend. She helped me with food to table and checked on me frequently. She is an asset who sould be in more visible position.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went with my family for a religious retreat in Amherst and booked two nights at this atrocious hotel. We got there late at night and the smell of cigarettes in the hallway was unbearable . Then we went to the room it looked ok but dark , when we my son try to lay down in one of the beds it had a hole in the middle, I couldn't believe it!! then looking at the ceiling I noticed a cobweb, and wonder when was the last time someone dusted this place. By the morning, we got ready to go to the convention and if I wasn't frustrated enough, I found a roach in the bathroom that's totally unacceptable). I wanted to live that place asap. So we packed our stuff in the car and cancelled the second night. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE. Fortunately, God help us find a nice decent hotel ( Red Roof) which had been recently renovated and the service was excellent. Too bad I didn't take pictures to share, I guess I was too upset. I regret staying here and hope you take my advise so you don't be disappointed.

Room Tip: don't stay here please
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 670stefr
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The only thing good about this place is it's close to the Interstate. Grounds and building poorly maintained. Light bulbs out in the bathroom. Antiseptic smell in the hall. Repairs to facility done in a jerry rigged fashion such as not repairing the sliding glass door lock but adding a channel stick to secure the door. Clock alarm went off in a next door room around midnight. Kept us awake. The night clerk didn't have a clue as to what to do. You can tell that this property is a franchise and not a Choice Hotel property. The name Quality Inn is misrepresented. Breakfast area attendant stares at you like a hawk to see if you are going to take anything back to the room. The front desk manager was understanding and helpful. The only positive thing there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkscooter
Reviewed 28 August 2013

at first glance the room looked ok. my wife needed a shower and found that the drain was plugged and found herself in 3 inches of soapy water. the toilet ran constantly after flushing, the sink drain was unusable (broken),and when I thought it can't get any worse the cockroaches appeared to let me know otherwise. finally, it was like bunking up with a herd of goats in a 3rd world country, the urine smell in the hall should have tipped me off.

Room Tip: want a good room ?, choose another motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Before staying at this QI I read TA reviews, but stayed there anyway because we were hopeful things had changed. They hadn't. I was raised in an era where we were told "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." So I'll say something nice - the QI of Greenfield was built at a time when land was cheap so the rooms could be large. There, I said something nice. The bathroom floor of rm. 169 was alternately slippery and sticky and there's no exhaust fan, so the shower curtain was mildewed. The carpet was worn. Back when the hotel was built the only electric things in a room were lamps, a TV and a clock. Now we have phones, computers, mp3s...and no empty electric outlets. Not one! I did find that they used an extension chord which did have one empty spot to plug in my phone, but their internet connection was terrible making using my computer difficult. But the bed. Oh my, that bed. It felt like a 500 lb. person had slept in it for 2 weeks. My husband used pillows to prop himself so he wouldn't roll into the middle and I clung to the edge. I'd had a better night's sleep during a sleep study when I was plugged into an EEG & and EKG. We did ask for a room change for the 2nd night. 167 had the same no exhaust fan, but at least the shower curtain was newer so no mildew, the bed was not too bad (I checked before changing rooms) but carpet the had torn spots making it a tripping hazard. This inn is convenient to family so we'd hoped it wasn't as bad as the previous reviews at this site, but clearly management doesn't care because it's the only show in town. We'll be staying in Hadley next trip up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!