“Really nice”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Really nice”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here one night and enjoyed our stay. The room and bathroom were spotless, large flatscreen TV, very comfy beds with spotless white comforters and lots of pillows. My only complaint is that as another reviewer mentioned the AC goes on and off alot and woke me. Next time I'll bring some music. There's restaurants nearby (usual chaintype places). We had dinner at the Greenfield Grill and liked it. At breakfast I was impressed by the big screen TV with cartoons for the kiddies. The breakfast was good with yogurt, granola, eggs, sausage, cereal juice and good coffee. We LOVED that there were fresh seasonal berries with the waffles. The lady serving (who was very nice and helpful) said they'd have fresh raspberries and blueberries the next day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 33959Merip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Room was spotless, pool was empty and clean, although water temp was a little cool for my taste. Both desk and service staff were very pleasant and very competent. Check-in/ check-out was extremely quick. Free full hot breakfast is one of the attractions to Hampton Inns everywhere. Bonus at Greenfield: They have waffle makers (many hotels do) and they have SMUCKER'S SUGAR-FREE SYRUP!!! (most hotels don't). The location is good - right off I-91 and at the eastern terminus of the Mohawk Trail - a nice motorcycling road. Several decent restaurants within easy walking distance, 99, Applebees, etc. I've been here before, and I keep coming back.

Room Tip: Sounproofing is good, so facing the highway is not an issue. Single bed rooms are a little small.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Biker_Trash
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We were in the area for a tournament and stayed at the Hampton Inn Greenfield. Our room was spotless and ready ahead of schedule, even though the hotel was full. Everyone we encountered was friendly and pleasant. The front desk recommended a really good local restaurant that my family enjoyed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hutchinson, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 May 2011

A nice hotel and front staff was very courteous and helpful. Gave us some hints on what to see in area...also did a mapquest with some pointers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2011

For two months I stayed at the Greenfield Hampton Inn & Suites. What a wonderful group of people. Having come from a large city to an assignment in a very small community, the staff made me feel comfortable and safe. They were always giving me tips on things to do and places to go. For a woman on her own, feeling safe is critical. The staff aways anticipated my needs and went out of their way to provide extra service. The food service manager found out I like a specific type of muffin and immediately she upgraded to a better muffin to please me.

The day I checked out I was given a sweet card wishing me well and it was signed by the entire staff.

When I said my final farewell at 6:30 a.m. Pat (food service) handed me a travel snack bag which included my favorite muffin. We shared a tearful moment as I left.

You don't get this type of service everywhere you go. Having worked in the hospital industry several years ago I immediately recognized that this facility is special and has a very special staff. I will miss their smiling faces.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rmaffey
Haywards Heath
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Given a family members love of Yankee Candles, the family trip to MA required a detour inland to South Deerfield to visit the Yankee Candle flagship store. In my quest to rebuild my decimated Hhonors points balance, accomodation had ot be one of the Hilton family, and the closest location was the Hampton Inn, Greenfield, just a few miles up the road.

As with my previous stay at an HGI in Plymouth, this hotel was a standard Hampton Inn. Nothing extra special, but everything one expects from a Hampton. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive, and when we had a minor issue with the aircon, it was responded too efficiently, and by a very friendly maintenance chap. However even when we got the aircon going, it was quite noisy and woke us overnight when it came on and off.

The bathroom was clean and towels soft and fluffy - however the both the bath tub and basin took an age to drain when they had been filled - think the plumbing may need some attention.

Previous reviews have mentioned the paper thin walls and this is probably my biggest gripe with this hotel - it's not something I've noticed at other Hampton properties, but here the noise from other rooms and the corridor was very noticeable. Yes, there were some very noisy women in the hotel who seemed unable to converse without shrieking and screaming, but one should not be able to hear that in other rooms. So that, combined with the noisy aircon unit constantly starting and stopping meant for a disturbed nights sleep.

As with most Hamptons there is no on site restaurant, save for the free plastic breakfast. There are options - there is a "99" adjacent (in walking distance), a Friendlys across the highway, and an Applebees a two minute drive away.

I would recommend this hotel, but for the price paid, would expect proper walls allowing a better nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Hampton_Inn_Gfima, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this review, 2 July 2015
Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Carla Chaffee, GM
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We recently stayed at Hamption Inn over the long President's Day weekend. The hotel is located minutes off of Interstate 91 but it's a little tricky to find the access road. Arriving in the parking lot you can tell from the exterior of the hotel that it's relatively new. Checking in, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We we given the key to our room which was on the top floor (4th) facing the highway. If you're looking for a nice view from your hotel...you wont get it here. Your choice is a view of the parking lot or the highway. Regardless, the rooms are of ample size and more importantly....clean. Ours had 2 double beds, a large bathroom, desk, closet, bureaus, free internet and a 27" flatscreen tv. The comforter duvet apparently is washed every room change which was really nice b/c it didn't give my wife the heebie jeebies when the kids layed down on top of the covers to watch tv. There was a pool..but is was very unremarkable. It's about 20x20' ...nonetheless, the kids enjoyed a swim after the days activities. Hampton provided a free breakfast buffet which included make your own waffles, omlettes, cereal, muffins, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. We like this as it saves us from spending $20-$30 a day at a breakfast joint. The hotel is in a central area to Umass, Berkshire East, Southern Vt ski areas, bershires. A few reviews have made mention of the thin walls and perhaps that is true...but we travel with a noisemaker so it really didn't bother us. The one small negative I would say is that the bed was a little soft for my liking and having a bad back...it sort of bothered me a bit in the morning...but the kids slept fine and I know bed firmness is definitely a personal thing. All in all I would reccomend this hotel especially with the limited number of places to stay in the area. You really can't go wront!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Deerfield Inn
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!