“Very good family experience - we will be back”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great experience - thank you very much. Very clean, friendly staff - great breakfast. We will be back. Fun things to do in the area, hiking, zip lining, white water rafting. Great location if you are looking for all of these things in one weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Inn_Gfima, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Thank you for responding to the recent survey regarding your visit to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield, MA. I appreciate you taking the time to complete it. I am pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our hotel and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations. We believe that our Team Members are one of the reasons that Hampton Inn & Suites has been so successful.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. We look forward to serving you again in the near future

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I recently spent three nights at this hotel while on vacation in northwestern Massachusetts. We have stayed in a number of Hampton Inns through the years. There is nothing spectacular about them, but they usually offer clean rooms and the complimentary breakfast. This particular hotel met that bill. The staff was very friendly, if not overly knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The room was a decent size with queen beds and a clean bathroom. The breakfast area was fine, but it did not have too many tables. The Thursday and Friday morning breakfast periods were quiet, but on Saturday morning, seating became more of an issue. As a result, I noticed a number of people grabbing something to eat and taking it back to their rooms. The breakfast offered the standard type fare you find at Hampton Inns - cereal, fruit, waffles, some sort of an egg dish, etc. Obviously, the food is not the draw, it's simply the convenience of not having to leave the hotel in order to eat breakfast. All in all, not a bad place. If I ever found myself traveling in this area again, in all likelihood, I would consider staying here.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is awesome - clean, nice amenities, great staff. Our kids had a lot of fun in the nice indoor pool. It's also a great central location for trips to Yankee Candle, Historic Deerfield, trips into VT. W

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is my 2nd visit. Hotel is a block from Interstate 91 - on Route 2 West, Greenfield, MA - go off highway thru rotary and immediately get into right lane on Route 2 west. At first light, turn right at light. Go quarter mile. It's on right just behind Days Inn (I think). Great facility very clean, well managed; quiet rooms. Good lighting for parking and safe area for singles. More than a continental b'fast but no restaurant per se.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights en route to a meeting in Binghamton, NY. A little difficult to find - maybe my fault (!) - but a good welcome and quiet room on 2nd floor. The room was clean and well appointed and the beds comfortable. Good selection of eating places, e.g. Applebees, within easy driving distance. The Hampton breakfasts are generally good, if a little unimaginative. But, hey, this is a motel chain, and for the price it's all good value.
Would certainly recommend this hotel - and the great scenery nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Probably the best motel in the area, but sometimes even the best isn't perfect. Road signage could be better. The brown, tan, and orange decor isn't attractive, but the rooms are adequate, and the included breakfast is an attraction. The desk folks are friendly and helpful. This is a busy tourist destination area, and the rates reflect that. Room rates go up on the weekends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family and I booked a whirlpool suite at this hotel because the website used the language, "spacious" to describe their, "Suite". We had a baby and our seven year old and when we went up to the suite found an extremely small room without even a couch. We thought that we had been sent to the wrong room because when I called prior to booking the room I was told by the hotel that the room could easily fit my infant son in a crib and seven year old on the sofa bed. We were told by the front desk that this was a suite and was what was promised. The person at the front desk had a rude tone and told me that the person I had talked to clearly didn't know what they were talking about. I indicated that this wouldn't work and asked her to find us a room that would work. She told us they were totally booked and that there were no larger rooms. She did manage to move us to a room with a sofa bed and we all crammed in. We had to literally block the door with the crib after getting in and were not able to open the sofa bed because it wouldn't have allowed the opportunity to walk by. None of us slept well because our baby son makes a lot of noise while he's sleeping.

The next morning, we were walking down the hall and saw a room across the way that was being cleaned that was much larger than the room we were in. We called down and asked to be moved to one of those rooms. There was a nice woman at the desk this time but those rooms were all booked. It was a bit frustrating to find out that there were in fact larger rooms when the rude woman told us there were not. The nicer woman worked hard to find a solution and ended up moving us into adjoining rooms but charged us for both rooms so the cost of our three day stay increased the cost by $300 for the two nights in two rooms. I emailed my complaint to the hotel after my stay and the front desk manager, Yesenia Bergeron, told us that they had tried to accomodate us and that it was our fault because the website is clear. She wasn't willing to refund us any of the money and dismissed us. Too bad because I have stayed in other Hampton Inns with good service and a committment to doing the right thing. A direct quote from the site, "Upgrade to a spacious suite to enjoy a larger space and additional amenities, including a whirlpool bath, microwave, and fridge." A pretty big stretch to describe the suites this way.

Sorry to go and on but I don't want others to go through this.

Room Tip: don't go as a family