“A Wonderful Surprise”

Ranked #2 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
hilton head
“A Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

After a long day we found the Brandt House a Wonderful Surprise. Our room was on the 3rd floor so it would not be suitable for those with mobility issues. Room was small but several spacious sitting rooms were available. Breakfast was very good. The stuffed french toast was very good. Other options included eggs to order. Hostess was very accommodating. Price was very reasonable. We ate at The Pint.. A local pub. Food was very good as was the beer. Worth a stay. Greenfield is a attractive little town.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HiltonHeadFisherman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is a beautiful bed and breakfast on a gorgeous property with gracious hosts and staff. Excellent breakfast with fresh fruit, yummy granola and homemade waffles and eggs Benedict. Rates vary on the size of the rooms. Mine was lovely (room 2). I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Every room is on their website. Not all have a fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

As Brits visiting to see the fall, this was exactly the sort of place we hoped to stay. Interesting architecture, old fashioned, warm comfortable room, good communal areas, a bit quirky, some well thought out information on things to do and places to eat. Had a good dinner at the People's Pint gastropub. But the highlight was breakfast which was a bit like a house party, with beautifully presented fresh fruit followed by a great choice of fresh cooked bacon, sausage, eggs etc served at a refectory table with the friendliest service leading to a lovely atmosphere. We will come back next time we visit Massachusetts

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fiona L
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 October 2012

First of all, this is a beautiful B & B, cozy, inviting, safe. I often travel without my husband, so that is important. I stayed here 1 night with two of my sons (15 & 11). Younger children are not permitted. The walls are paper thin and I was frequently telling my kids to be quiet as sound travels easily here and the vibe of this place is quiet & peaceful. We arrived Saturday night and went out to dinner. There was a lightbulb out in our bathroom which I had asked the Manager/Innkeeper (not sure) to replace when we were out. It was not. There were only two bath towels in the room, which was surprising considering I was charged an additional $25 extra for having a 3rd person in our suite. I came down in the morning to request an extra towel and light bulb. Breakfast was served between 8-9:30 am on Sunday, which I thought was an early and short window of time for a weekend. We all sat together at one large table, which is not my preference. There was no WiFi in our room, so my son had to write his paper in one of the sitting areas. For over $300 a night, this should be fixed. I requested a late check out and the Innkeeper was gracious and accommodating. Breakfast was nice and the cook was sweet. If price is not an option, I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NJBetsy
29highland, Owner at Brandt House, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Thank you for staying at the Brandt House and for taking the time to share your comments.We value the feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve the house as well as the overall guest experience. Please accept my apologies for the miss on the towels and the light in the bathroom.

I believe our rates are competitive for the area and acknowledge you stayed durring the peak season for western, MA. Rates do fluctuate for the seasons. That said, I appreciate the comment and will continue to compare our rates to others in the area...

We do have WiFi throughout the house so surprised your son could not connect in the room.
Should you stay with us again, we are happy to check the settings on his lap top to ensure he gets appropriate bandwidth.

Again, thank you for taking the time to rate the Brandt House...

Best regards,
Sean Warren
Innkeeper/Owner
Bermuda
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

As everyone else says, decor is elegant and authentic, room was very clean. We stayed 1 night in room 2 and were quite comfortable although could be updated. Breakfast was simple and extremely tasty and the service was super friendly.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bdadoc
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This place is wonderful. It was our first anniversary and I wanted to take my wife to the beautiful village of Shelburn Falls, which is only 15 minutes away. I reserved a nice room, but when we arrived were put into one of the suites that must have been available. It was a nice upgrade, a gorgeous room (number 1) and impeccably clean. I had called ahead and asked that a bottle of champage be left in the room if possible, and it was sitting there on the mantle, perfectly chilled. The kicker is that they didn't even charge me for it!

The linens are top notch, the pillows to die for, and my wife couldn't stop talking about the bathroom spray and handsoap! My only beef with the room would be the small tv, but it was a non issue. The house itself is enormous and just beautiful, with a finely kept Zen garden out back to top off the grounds.

Our morning breakfast was excellent, with yogurt, granola, honey, fresh fruit, and eggs and bacon to order. A great way to start the day and our trip home. We would highly recommend this place, and they helped make our first anniversary a memorable one. Many thanks!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan H
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I had a two night stay and no complaint at all! When we first got there we were informed that we had got an upgrade on our room, what was awesome! If it was empty why not right? VeRy cozy bedroom, perfect for couples! Amazing living rooms, perfect decoration and awesome atmosphere! Staff very kind at all times! A little over priced but ok, it was totally worth it! If in greenfield you should better stay there! Cheers

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank andrebrazil15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to Brandt House? Share your experiences!