“Yet another perfect stay”
Review of Brandt House

Brandt House
Ranked #2 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Clifton Park, New York
“Yet another perfect stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Second time at Brandt House. My fiancee and I were here in late winter last year too. We can't say enough great things about this place. The people are great, house is outstanding, and wonderfully clean and comfortable, with great rooms to hang out in, and terrific guest rooms. The grounds are expansive and very nicely done. Location is terrific, with all kinds of neat places to go within a relatively short distance. We'll be back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I stayed last weekend and had no expectations as it was a last minute booking. We were pleasantly surprised to find an incredibly gracious host in Sean and a fantastic room that was warm, comfortable, and relaxing. The Inn itself is gorgeous with a great big open fireplace in a great room that screams well kept and peaceful. Breakfast was at a table where we had a smorgasbord of inviting breakfast foods - or Heather (the consummate professional staff) would cook you whatever eggs you asked for. Heather was tremendously kind and hospitable while constantly keeping our coffee cups filled. We dined with several other guests and before long were all laughing and conversing as if we'd been there weeks. I'd love to say more but unfortunately our stay was all too short. But we can't wait for the summer to enjoy the gardens!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 - Awesome!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
amherst, ma
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Loved our repeat stay. Sean is a very solicitous host and Heather's freshly baked blueberry muffin was terrific. Breakfast, as usual, is very generous with choices of cold cereals and/or hot entrees cooked to order. We particularly enjoyed the lighted fireplace and glass of wine.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank localdoc
Camuy, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This past weekend I spent another wonderful night at this marvelous house. I often travel from my home in the Caribbean to visit my daughter and husband and our visit is not complete until we visit The Brandt House. The house, the decor and the grounds are beautiful but what makes it perfect is the owner and his staff. Few places can share this special gift. Try it out you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Suite All rooms offer their own good qualities but suite 1 and 9 offer a fireplace that is a go...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Felipe M
sarasota, florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Brandt House has so many public rooms, and oh ! that porch ! The reason I stay in a B and B is so that I don't have to be cooped up in my room. The porch at Brandt House was an amazing place to in Autumn--leaf showers, crisp air, color and movement-what a feast for the eyes ! Our room was delightul and the breakfast was amazing--so many choices that I cannot imagine anyone not finding something to please them ! At our table, so many charming and interesting guests. The staff was so helpful, gracious and informative that they really added to may stay ! I'll be back to claim that rocking chair on the porch next Fall !

Room Tip: There are some smaller rooms, so if you want a large room, you should ask !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mexico, New York, USA
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A wonderful place to stay, great atmosphere and wonderful hospitality. The house itself is breathtaking and comfortable. Our room was exquisite and inviting. My favorites were the fireplace and the deep soaking tub. I did find it odd that the furnishings and decor ran a gamut of periods and styles, which were unsettling to me and just not my taste.

Another strange revelation was that the front door is never locked! Since I smoke, I always make sure I know exactly where to go, and how to get back in! I will admit that the house not being locked made me feel uneasy, after all it is certainly not secluded.

Breakfast left a lot to be desired for the amount of money it cost to stay there and upon leaving my friend and I stopped at a diner for omelets and coffee.

Overall, this B&B should appeal to many types of people and I would stay again knowing what to expect and plan accordingly for what I find to be deficiencies.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tr8cie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have never stayed at a B&B before, but if they all are like this, I'm hooked. Friendly service, great food and beautiful rooms. The staff was very accommodating. The views were phenomenal. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to Brandt House? Share your experiences!