“Perfect venue for a creative work retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brandt House

Brandt House
Ranked #2 of 4 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
“Perfect venue for a creative work retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

I had the pleasure of attending a work retreat at the Brandt House in the dead of winter. The hospitality of the staff, the welcoming decor, the comfy beds and linens, the fresh-baked breakfast pastries all made for a warm and productive two days away from the office. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs, giving us the run of the place to conduct our business. Brandt House is a perfect backdrop for a creative brainstorm session - with rooms beautifully appointed to satisfy the most discerning business traveler. It felt like a home away from home. Now if I can just make it an annual retreat! :)

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

I visited Brandt House this January and fell in love with it. I've been to many B&Bs in my days and this one really captures the spirit: each room is different and has tons of character - and as a male, I liked how the rooms and spaces felt gender neutral - oftentimes B&Bs over-do it on frilly Victorian flowers and stuff - but Brandt House is a place where EVERYONE will feel at home, both men and women.

The food each day was freshly homemade --- my only regret is not getting some of the recipes because they were unique and tasty. And when we went out for dinner, they sent us to a great restaurant nearby.

I was there as part of a 2-day work meeting and I can tell you this place also works very well for meetings and company events/offsites (as it promises on its website). Our team felt at home, did some great brainstorming and ultimately bonded over the period. Our retreat would not have been as successful if Brandt House hadn't been a major part of it. Book your next retreat here!

Stay at Brandt House if you get the chance - you'll be so glad you did.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank NycWilliamsburger
UK England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

Brandt House is just a lovely house that we both wished was ours. The location is in a nice quiet residential area and set within great gardens.

The interior is spacious and nicely decorated with lots of little nooks and cranies. There are a number of different private porches looking onto different aspects of the gardens.

Breakfast was nicely laid out and excellent. It was so peacefull that we could have spent a couple of days chilling out as if it was our country home.

It was a nice stopover for use on our tour of New England. Thank you for looking after use.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
boston, ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2008

I unfortunately wasn't impressed with the Brandt House. My boyfriend and I chose to stay there due to the ratings because we usually rely heavily on ratings but we were both not impressed with the house and the service.
The room had one double bed and when we called to book the room (room 3) we were informed that the room had a king size bed but we were surprised to walk into the room to find just a double bed. So I would only recommend this room for two friends-since the room did have one daybed as well.
The floors in the room creaked when we walked around the room and the room just had a very small tv maybe 15 inches which hung over the day bed. So safe to say, there was not much of entertainment which we really weren't looking for but it would have been nice to have at least a 20 inch tv so my boyfriend and I could watch it while we stayed in bed. next to and which is a bit of a difference.
The room was also very hot (with or without the heat) and we only had one huge down comforter so we were burning up at night. Also I know this wasn't our only concern since another couple complained about this issue at breakfast and the staff did not assist her concerns with kindness. She simply suggest the couple find sheets instead of the comforter. It wasn't the staff's comments as much as her tone.
Now that brings me to the service which disturbed me the most: My boyfriend and I went down to breakfast and there was one large table and one small table--so if you and your significant other would like to eat alone, this place is not for you--we were ok with the dining arrangements however the service at breakfast was preferential, meaning, the waitress (Lee)--said to my boyfriend in front of me "i gave you an extra piece of bacon as a wink, did you notice. My boyfriend was of course uncomfortable with this comment as did I and he shrugged the comment off. We were a little unfazed by the comment but remained at the house and kept going but the next morning the same waitress said to my boyfriend again "Did you notice the bacon."--which we both did, once again, the waitress gave my boyfriend extra bacon, which is fine by me but to mention it twice that she was doing that was a little awkward to say the least
So overall our experience was not good.

• Liked — it was close to where we needed to be
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dgavlas
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

The Brandt house is one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. The house itself is gourgeous!! The staff is wonderful. We stayed in room four. Two twin beds with a shared bath. I had the best night of sleep ever. My bed was beyond comfortable. The room is very cozy and calming. The breakfast that we had in the morning was probably one of the best meals I have ever had. Fresh and homemade. This is such a freindly and beautiful place. I will for sure stay there again next time Im in Greenfield. I highly recomend experiencing this bed and breakfast. Another very sweet touch is they make fresh breads and pastries everyday to snack on throughout your visit. The house even smells wonderful. I wish I lived there. It was very hard for us to leave. It was sad to drive down the road away from such a wonderful place.

• Liked — It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. And I was so comfortable there.
  • Disliked — I had to leave.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

I visited the Berkshires and stayed at 4 different B&B's. This one was the best by far. I work at a 5-star hotel and have to set my expections low when I'm traveling. The Brandt House exceeded my expectations. The owners have done a great job at restoring the house and furnishing it for maximum comfort and beauty.
The house is warm and inviting, the aroma when you walk in is of pastries. It's staffed 24 hrs with super friendly people who will help you with any request. The rooms are equipped with tv, refrigerator, modern bathroom, plush towels, featherbeds and plenty of pillows. There are several common areas, one with piano and fireplace, a billards rooms, and a tv/computer sunroom. The heating system works great as it was freezing outside. Many B&B's boast the "no tv or phone" as if they are doing you a favor. In these small towns, there's nothing to do at night and a tv and free wi-fi is a nice luxury.
Breakfast hours are little longer than most which is nice if you get up early or happen to sleep a little later. There's a beautiful bowl of fresh cut fruit for you when you sit downto breakfast. Lee, prepares some killer hot breakfast dishes. Eggs Benedict with a fluffy hollandaise, pumpkin pancakes, the menu changes daily. There's bagels, fresh pastries, assortment of cereals, teas and juices and hot coffee on the buffet for you to enjoy.
You can sit on a rocker on the front porch or swing on the covered porch. The grounds extend to a lovely medication area with beautiful Japanese maples, lots of Asian sculptures and several sitting areas.
My husband and I liked it so much that we cancelled our last night in Lenox to come back and end the trip on a really nice note.

• Liked — Comfortable room and breakfast.
  • Disliked — I honestly can't think of anything.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

My husband and I have stayed here twice, and both times it has been an excellent stay. The proprietors are very friendly, the house is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable, and breakfast is delicious. It's a quick walk into downtown Greenfield (we enjoy dinner and drinks at the People's Pint when we're in town). Highly recommended!

• Liked — Everything is just right!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
The Inn at Crumpin-Fox
The Inn at Crumpin-Fox
#1 of 1 in Bernardston

Been to Brandt House? Share your experiences!