“NEVER a bad meal”

Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hope & Olive in Greenfield, MA is an award winning New American restaurant serving Lunch, Sunday Brunch, Dinner, Bar Menu, Coffees & Craft Cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We are happy to accept a reservation for a party of 6 or more, and will accept names on our wait list in advance on the day you plan to come. Thanks for looking us up!
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If I could eat here every night - I would! We usually sit at the bar and we always have great service. We susually go in about 1x a month, maybe every 6 weeks or so. The bartender always recognizes us and greets us warmly.

We have never had a bad meal here! We LOVE the bar menu - sometimes we just order several things and make a meal out of them (get the fried brussel sprouts - amazing!). They are VERY reasonably priced and the quantity is awesome. This place has made me try so many different foods that I never knew I liked - maybe they are just amazing at the food they prepare! Love the fresh mojitos in the summer - the blueberry one is my favorite.

Overall, a great little spot, especially for Greenfield.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Out for dinner with my wife Easter Sunday. Had limited expectations, not related to prior reviews, but knowing that Holiday meals are frequently disappointing. We were pleasantly surprised. We had reservations and were promptly seated. Service was speedy and the restaurant was filled.
My wife had the best meatloaf (with a leak sauce) that she's ever had. Brussels sprouts served with it were outstanding; portions were large. My leg of lamb was delicious, portion large, and the accompanying vegetables, couscous blended beautifully and tastefully. Desserts looked wonderful, but we were too contented to contemplate them on this day. We look forward to returning. PS the Bloody Mary's were the best I can remember having that I haven't made myself. I consider this a high value (food for price) restaurant

Around us many were eating salads, which are very large, soups, etc. They also have a Sunday Brunch menu which reads very nicely.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Steak was tender and perfectly cooked. Maple Glaze salmon was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food is very good. I think they do veggie better than meat. Bar is excellent. Great place to meet friends for dinner and drinks. Brunch is excellent too.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Jim, one of the owners of Hope and Olive was the first native to welcome us to Greenfield. We have returned to his restaurant many times. His sister, Maggie, is a magician at creating and presenting beautiful food. The brussell sprouts, of all things, are county wide famous. Sunday brunch plates often come with a green salad gracing them. The lunch and dinner menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. Valentine's evening at Hope and Olive is warm, romantic and fun (but book ahead). We are lucky to have such a fine place in our little town!

1  Thank lindamoshe