“Delicious breakfasts and more.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Main Street Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Main Street Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: We Have Homemade All Day Breakfast, Lunch, Pastries And Gourmet Coffee
basking ridge, nj
“Delicious breakfasts and more.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

You can just grab a coffee and pumpkin bread to go. Or, you can sit and eat a wonderful homemade breakfast of pancakes, omelettes or other choices. Lunch includes chili or stew in the cold New England winter. Atmosphere is very friendly with lots of locals meeting for breakfast or book club.

Visited April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I realize now why I have not been here in a long time. The food, which used to be good enough to make up for the "meh" ambiance and staff, is no longer good; it is not even approaching good. It is too bad, since I want to support local business, but this one does not deserve my business.

• Visited November 2013
Mount Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Terrible catering ~ poor service and not trustworthy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I hired this business to cater a simple event. Coffee/danish in the am and box lunches for the afternoon. The coffee arrived FREEZING. The coffee also had 'specs' in it ~ some kind of residue in the container. I made several trips to a local D&D to supply coffee (at an additional cost to me not to mention having to leave my event). Lunch did not arrive as scheduled and we had to cancel the mid~day breakout sessions as a result. When lunch did arrive over a dozen box lunches were drenched by some leaking water bottle. To put the icing on the cake ~ they charged my credit card for the final balance without ever supplying an invoice or asking for approval. I contacted the owners and they never provided an invoice or any concessions for the horrible service and products. I don't have time to dispute this. I guess that is what they were counting on.

• Visited November 2013
Dunstable, MA
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

If this place wasn't the only game in town, they would be out of business. I have been here several times, but only because it is conveniently located next to my bank in the center of town. The staff is the rudest group I have ever witnessed. I went in for coffee today and 3 employees walked right by me with out even acknowledging me. One guy was on his cell phone and asked if the other person was waiting on me. I said no and he continued to talk on the phone. When he finally took my order, he couldn't figure out how to give me change. This is consistent with previous experiences at this place.

• Visited December 2013
Littleton, Massachusetts
“Great food, great environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great food, but waiting a long time. Everything seems to be prepared from scratch. I had an amazing rendering of corned beef hash and eggs one Sunday morning - blew my mind good! Live music on Friday nights. Great Main St. attraction. Must try!

Visited September 2013