“Very grateful”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
New Hampshire Lakes Region, New Hampshire
“Very grateful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Rm 309 which is on the top floor, back of the building. There was no freeway noise in my room, but it does back on to a phone company so I did hear trucks pull into that parking lot. I was already up so no problem, but if you want to sleep in, the front of the building might be better. The room was clean, though I definitely smelled the strong Febreeze other reviewers talked about. I have allergies and chemical sensitivity, so I always travel with an air filter--which took care of the scent. The BEST part was the hotel staff had already put the non-feather bedding I requested (while reserving online) in my room BEFORE I checked in. Anyone with allergies knows how huge this is. Excellent customer service.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank grayestone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
redsox_baby1227
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We have stayed here a couple times when visiting for medical appointments in the area. I am a long-time Hampton Inn fan. I like the hotel, its location, the facilities, the cleanliness, and everything else about it EXCEPT the overuse of Febreze or whatever air freshener it is.

We just left from a recent stay there, and when I gave my child I hug I noticed that the Febreze smell was clinging in his hair, even. Please lay off the spray. There are better ways to create a fresh, clean smell than hosing down all the sheets and pillows with chemicals. There are a lot of people who are sensitive to scents and chemicals, so at least consider setting aside a handful of "scent free" rooms for people like me who need or want that.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank redsox_baby1227
Harrison, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Anytime we are in the area, we stay at the Hampton Inn. It is a great value for your dollar. The staff is always willing to help. The rooms are fresh and clean. If you're looking for a great hot breakfast, this hotel won't be for you, but if you're fine with some scrambled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, pastries, etc., it is just fine!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

There were rooms 10 feet from the front desk by the marble-floored lobby where staff were chatting and helping guest. How did I guess they'd try to give me those rooms? Why would I want rooms that will clearly be noisy in the morning during breakfast service? I asked for other rooms to which the employee replied, "well, someone has to get them."

Okay, but not me. Maybe the last folks to check-in should get them. The room I got was just a few doors down the hall but not in view of the front desk or so close to the lobby. Room was muggy and moist smelling. Room was beat up and in need of routine maintenance.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
beriley, Manager at Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at check in. I assure you this is not a common event at our hotel and I will certainly address this incident appropriately with the staff. We will use your comments in our continued training to provide the best customer service possible. It is one of our primary goals to make all of our guests feel valued and welcome. We hope you were comfortable in your room and that you were able to enjoy the remainder your stay. Please consider giving us another chance to show you our quality service and the stay you deserve the next time you visit the area.

Betsy Riley
augusta, georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I had the pleasure to stay in this Hampton Inn for 4 days this past week. The rooms were extremely clean, the heating system functioned well and the staff was helpful and friendly.
This hotel had probably the best breakfast I have encountered on my travels in the US. In addition to the continental breakfast type of food, they put out an abundance of fresh fruits, two hot dishes per day and the ability to make a do it yourself waffle. I highly recommend this hotel. Was the best Hampton I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Stayed here after a concert at the Calvin. The staff was so helpful and friendly when we needed things like the nearest liquor store, straws, razors, extra shampoo and conditioner and even playing cards! We felt very comfortable to ask front desk for anything we needed and they obliged with a great attitude! From two awfully needy girls to you Hampton inn staff, thanks for making our mini vacation a success!

• Stayed December 2012
hgoldman77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

A good deal in terms of the rate you get. It's at the foot of Bay Road, right off Route 9, closer to Northampton than Amherst but still not far from Amherst. Bay Road is a lovely drive, too, close to Hampshire College. The place is amazingly clean, with a good and varied breakfast, including make your own waffles. Compared to the Holiday Inn, which is more expensive, horribly managed and unfriendly, with a breakfast that's better not eaten, this hotel is a paradise. I would rank with just a cut below the Marriott on Route 9 in terms of its livability. AVOID THE HOLIDAY INN and it's management.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
#1 of 3 in Amherst
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst? Share your experiences!