“A great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while I was helping my daughter pack up to come home for the summer. The front desk employees were helpful and friendly as always. I asked for a room on the first floor and it was very nice - much easier than using the elevator and pulling suitcases. They had a nice table of cookies, brownies, drinks etc one day for students who graduated. The free breakfast was good two days out of three. One day the eggs were cold and sausage was dry. The room was nice and I slept well. We will definitely stay here again when we visit. A good deal for what you pay. Parking was excellent (I always found a space near the front entrance).On our way out, my daughter & I were struggling with our luggage and an employee helped us with our luggage - very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is clean, comfortable, and convenient. The staff welcomed us warmly, and this feeling lasted throughout our stay. The wi-fi was somewhat weak, but other than that the stay was very nice. Professionally managed hotel.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room at the back of the building and if you park in the back you will be very clos...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Delightful little hotel - completely self service, one has to just eat breakfast to know what self service means! They have an automatic pancake maker, that actually makes pancakes on its own! A first time experience for me...Large rooms, very comfortable bathrooms, sparkling clean, on the main highway - a great choice for parents like me taking their children to UMass.

Room Tip: Rooms off the highway have lesser noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I love this hotel. Free breakfast that includes omelets, potatoes, pancakes, cinnamon rolls (you HAVE to try these!), muffins, toast, and all sorts of drinks. And free daily cookies around 3 p.m. It is close to the Hampshire Mall, however, you have to jaywalk to get to the mall (there aren't any intersections close by). The room was very comfortable except the walls seemed to be thin when a rowdy bunch became my neighbors and talked loudly (I could hear everything) late into the night. The wi-fi was not very strong either. Overall, though, great service, great food, and great rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel is clean and bright. Furniture is clean/attractive and room is set up well (although I moved the ottoman after I crashed into the second time). Comfortable bed, nice large bathroom with plenty of towels and shelves to get stuff out of the way. Stayed on the third floor, away from revelers and it was quiet. Front desk staff were very professional, well-trained. I was with a group of crazed middle aged people in town for a wedding and the staff took our weirdness in stride. Restaurants, shops, CVS, etc. nearby. Quick ride to downtown Amherst. My companions were unhappy with the breakfast but I have seen so much worse. There were yogurts, fruit, bagels and cereal if the hot options were not appealing. The breakfast room was not right off the front door as in so many places, so was a nice area to sit and chat in. And the WiFi worked.

Room Tip: Go for third floor, not facing the pool if you can. The elevator is slow though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here for a local conference taking place at UMass. The hotel was a straight shot down 116 from the college campus, less than two miles. Parking was plentiful.

Check-in was very smooth and pleasant. My room, with two queen beds, was spacious and clean. I had friend stayed at the hotel on campus and our room was more spacious in the bedroom and the bathroom.

Breakfast both mornings was well-stocked with lots of variety. The breakfast room was clean and well-staffed. Coffee was hot & delicious and the pancake maker was hard at work! The breakfast room was just off of a little "living room" area, off the front lobby.

I did not use the exercise room or pool but passed them on my way to the stairs and they seemed clean, although on the small side (which is typical).

Check-out was smooth. I had little interaction with the staff mostly because the need didn't present itself. But they were always pleasant, smiling & engaging.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We were in town for a wedding. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean, including all the common areas. Our suite room was spacious. Free breakfast was plentiful and well stocked. Located on a main road so lots of local dining options and a short drive to the college campuses. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Hotel UMass
Hotel UMass
#1 of 3 in Amherst

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley? Share your experiences!