“Nice hotel BUT 2 of the staff needs customer service training”
Review of Econo Lodge Hadley

Econo Lodge Hadley
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Note to manager: Please train Josh and Valerie on how to treat valuable customers.
I book Choice hotels 200 nights per year while working in various states.
On this reservation I worked all night (later than usual) and called 6:25am to let the staff know I would arrive after 7am. Josh said he would see what he could do. I got a voicemail 45 minutes later stating that they haven't seen or heard from me so they couldn't hold the reservation any longer. I called back and Valerie got smart with me and said me "apparently you don't know the rules". No concern, no attempt to help, and even a little condescending. AND I later found out from customer service that they had booked another reservation without my consent. To avoid things from getting any worse, I called and politely requested Valerie cancel it. Politely, even thought I was fuming I decided to deal with it as calmly as possible.
The saving graces: New hotel. Clean. I stayed here the night before and the receptionist was rewardingly helpful and cognizant of my Choice Privileges status. The room was comfortable. The price was a good value.
The irony: Even I was working a distance away, I was willing to drive 20 miles to this location because of the good reviews.
So I'm going to be fair with 3 stars because somehow 2 bad apples named Josh and Valerie slipped past management. Shame.
I also agree with one reviewer about thin walls. I could hear conversation or TV (not sure) from an adjacent room but that didn't really bother me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I just spent this past weekend at this Econolodge. Went up to Amherst Mass to watch our grandchildren who were taking part in a youth hockey tournament at UMass. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, breakfast is your typical cold food but good enough to get you started for the day. (Dunkin Donuts right next door) Our children stayed in Northhampton with their team, found our room just as nice if not in better condition then theirs and ours was $35.00 cheaper per night! Under 2 miles from the school's arena, lots of place's to eat and shopping mall right behind hotel very convenient. Would stay again! Not a 5 star hotel but was just what we needed. Pool is small, but if you want to give the kids a little swim time, good enough! Very quiet, never would have known they had a whole hockey team on the 2nd floor below us! If we hadn't seen them for ourselves!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

While visiting family in the area during Thanksgiving, I decided to try a night at this small hotel located midway between Amherst and Northampton. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. Although it is located on busy Route 9 and directly in front of a large shopping mall, the room was also rather quiet. I also received a very fair rate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Having stayed at some less than stellar Econolodges, I was curious about this platinum award that they've won. Choice gives this to the top 3% of each brand. From my observation, this Econolodge is very worthy of the award. The staff people I saw were professional, the facility was clean and in good order. It feels more like a better quality hotel, and less like a motel. It is still an Econolodge, meaning a budget brand; you can't expect the superior furniture, towels and carpeting that you get in the higher brands. But what is here appears to be well taken care of. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, the towels clean. This property gives you a lot more than you expect for the money. I've been to Comfort and Quality Inns that are not this good. It is a platinum experience, and located close to Deerfield and the Pioneer Valley.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is definetly a no frills hotel!They only give you shampoo, not conditioner!The rooms are very small and only doubles, no queen. It is clean and if you are nearby for a quick stop, it's not the end of the world. Ask for the handicap room if you can, it's much bigger. Skip complimentary breakfast, it was awful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed at this Econo Lodge after reading the good reviews here on Trip Advisor & noticing that it was also about $30 cheaper than most other places. No offense to Econo Lodge as a brand but we were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Room was very clean. There is some noise between rooms (mainly pipes) but was not enough to bother us. Staff very friendly & breakfast adequate enough to hold you over. Next to the hotel is a Dunkin Donuts and behind is a strip mall (walkable) with Walmart, Whole Foods, Panera, etc which was very convenient for picking up odds & ends.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sphinx130
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed one night. No one at the desk when we arrived - had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to get there. While waiting, used the complimentary computer to get on mapquest but had to supply my own paper to print. Room was okay. It is an Econo Lodge, not the Hyatt. The towels are small. The decor is tired. It was clean and the employees were helpful and friendly. Personally, I like more amenities but no other rooms were available in town so I was happy to get this one. It is a place to lay your head and sleep. Not my first choice, but would stay again if my other options were full.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
#3 of 4 in Northampton
D. Hotel & Suites
D. Hotel & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke

Been to Econo Lodge Hadley? Share your experiences!