“Don't stay here!”
Review of Knights Inn Hadley

Knights Inn Hadley
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business. The staff was unprofessional, they promoted under age drinking and used the excuse that they didn't want to get people in trouble and that's why they wouldn't kick the kids out or call the police. I had to knock on the door of drunk kids and try to get them to quiet down and they neve did. The front desk called me at 10:58pm after they knew I'd contacted their corporate to complain and said that they had a cancellation and would now move me! What a joke! Naturally that upset me more. No one is at the desk from 11:01pm until 7:30am. I calle the emergency numbers and go figure, no one answered. When I went to check ou at 6:35am no one was at the office and the office was closed. I tried 3 numbers listed on the door before someone answered. They state they will charge you $25 if you dot return your key. In addition, the front desk (supposed manager) told me not to come back because I was the problem, not the loud obnoxious drunks. This place is a total joke! My room wasn't clean, the furniture was falling apart, the curtains didn't close all the way (so I had to pin them closed), there walls had marks half way up them, an there was a hole that had been patched but not painted over or fully repaired. I would NEVER recommend this place! The staff only cares about making you pay. They will allow guests to be obnoxious and run around and will leave it up to you to try to resolve the problem.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Jentuttle

Reviewed 27 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This place maybe going through a transition as bathroom & room seemed to be updated but furniture & TV was well used. There is a microwave, fridge, iron & hair dryer. Passage to inner hallway past the ice machine was dirty. Staff at front desk were pleasant on check in and plenty of parking. Restaurants are close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I booked a reservation on the website. When I showed up to check in, apparently they have specific check in hours and that after hours check-ins were done only with reservations, and I had to call the emergency line.

So, I called the emergency line and told the person that I wanted to check in and that I had a reservation. The person came downstairs and was very rude. I was told that my reservation was cancelled because my card declined. Why? They don't know. They refused to try to run my card again, but was ok with me using another card. I think I know why. The original reservation was made with my AmEx card. I bet they were too cheap to pay the fees. So, they charged a higher rate because we had three people, yet they did not have a cot for the third person. They also would not allow him to sleep in the car while it was on their property.

When we got into the room, there were NO TOWELS!

The beds were a bit hard (I could feel the springs). After we woke up, we couldn't wait to get out of there!

Never again!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank meepsicles
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The Inn is simple, but the owners make you feel excellent as if at ahome! But not only that, the rooms are very charming and comfortable. The relation price-quality is excellent! (just look at the prices of the other hotels). Everything seems new and clean. We had an excellent staying at the Inn and will be back someday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

In short: after staying three nights at the hotel, visitors were forced to pay for an additional night when they announced their intention to check out from the hotel. The visitors wanted to change the hotel because of the poor conditions of the rooms. They told the receptionist /manager of their intentions of leaving immediately after the first night of their stay. Through double talk and liess, the manager forced the visitors to pay and stay in the hotel for three additional nights. Among other things the manager clamed (lied) that the reservation had to be canceled over internet at least 24 hours prior to check-out. This turned out to be yet another lie as the reservation could not be located on the Knights Inn web site since the reservation was already honored by visitor checking in on the first day of their reservation. Be careful of their business practices if you decide to stay there!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank IvanPS
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This basic "strip mall" type motel met our needs perfectly. The room was clean and comfortable, included a refrigerator and microwave, comfortable bed, was quiet and close to events and shopping that we were in the area for. The motel is dated and the furniture is basic, but we were quite happy with "no frills". We didn't mind that the furniture was not in perfect condition.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley

Been to Knights Inn Hadley? Share your experiences!