“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Great place to stay if visiting UMass or Amherst College. Clean, friendly staff, nice bar in the evening. Close to shopping and restaurants. The outside of the hotel is very pretty - looks more like Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel than a Courtyard. Inside it is your standard updated Courtyard. For a Courtyard, this one is pricey but I'm sure it is because of its location near UMass and the college.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thesportsmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I was driving to multiple locations in western Massachusetts. It's near shopping and the downtown Amherst area. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. I've stayed here multiple times and prefer a room that faces out the backside of the hotel since there's a field behind it and really quite. But I've stayed before on the front facing side and although it's off a major road, the hotel sits a little back from the road so it's not too noisy.

Room Tip: I've stayed here multiple times and prefer a room that faces out the backside of the hotel since...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here recently when they were slammed with back to school. They were amazing! This was an insane trip! I was not able to get a hotel anywhere I initially tried and got in here. When I drove up I was glad I picked this one over the others. Located on the highway near restaurants. They are VERY nice! They were able to give me the upgrade (corner rooms are the best). I will know next time to reserve one! They have breakfast (egg station, waffles, pancakes, etc!) Service is wonderful. You don't have to think they do auto refills! The rooms are spacious and clean. They have an indoor pool and market with snacks. Nearby is Staples so if you have to pick up dorm items it's great! Also close to Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Target and Walmart! The manager is always around (I was shocked)! I had one bad week which they were AMAZING! DO NOT USE GO GO ON THE AIRPLANES (My AMEX was compromised by their billing company) The hotel called Amex for authorization they were VERY VERY VERY nice! I highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Pick a corner room (pay for the upgrade well worth it!)
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Geekontherun
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We rented a function room this past weekend for my daughters wedding reception. Although my daughter had met with their wedding planner a few times my wife and I only met with her once. I was very impressed with her knowledge and attention to detail. I was also impressed with her lack of trying to "up sell" as we decided what we wanted during the event.

On the night before the wedding we had a rehearsal outside where the wedding would be held. We had planned on doing a picnic after the rehearsal but it became too dark to allow that to happen. With no other good choices we decided that we would all go back to this Hotel and see if we might be able to use the courtyard outside to have the picnic and finish off the night. Most of these people were not staying there and I was concerned about 30 people just showing up and taking over the courtyard. When we got to the hotel we were greeted with the news that they would allow us the use of that area. Not only did they allow us to gather there but they also were more than willing to provide plates, napkins or anything else we needed!! They cranked up the fire pit and just minutes later we were all eating and relaxing. The bartender was amazing as she went above and beyond so many times in that one night. I had so many people comment her service and willingness to help us out as we got settled.

The rooms were great and the reception was as perfect as anyone could have made them.

Nothing could have been done better and no one could have done more than they did!!

Thanks so much for making my daughters special day so great and memorable for not only her but everyone that attended!!

Room Tip: Large corner rooms are great for 3-4 people if needed.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank slappythesecond
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was greeted warmly by the staff. Off the lobby is the dining area with soft chairs that add more comfort level than the basic hard wood chairs. They also have a bar area too which is nice when you are with a large group. The breakfast options were extensive. A chef was on hand to make eggs and I believe waffles. Unfortunately I was on the go every morning and wished they had granola bars or something to grab and go. My room was spacious but a big hang up for me was a lack of a bench or suitcase valet. I could not find one so used the extra table under the desk to set my suitcase on. The tv was also on the side wall and not in front of the bed. Those stiff couches they show on their site are like sitting on a board. I'm not curling up and watching tv on one of them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Blogtraveler
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed here as part of a business trip, which covered the costs, so I cannot comment about the price. However, for a work-related trip, this hotel was ideal--big rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. The building is somewhat mundane in its architecture, and the decor in the rooms generic, but it was not so much of a negative. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating, and you never felt like you were inconveniencing them when you had a question for them. One minor thing was that at checkout I did have to wait a few minutes before someone appeared at the desk.

Breakfast is not included in the rate, which is a downside for business travel, but there is a restaurant. Unfortunately there is no quick-and-cheap breakfast stand (coffee and bagels).

If you have a car, the hotel is located close to the university (UMass) and also to Northampton, but accessing these places without a vehicle is somewhat difficult.

If I had to return for a business trip, this hotel is worth visiting again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Hempstead, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I've stayed at this property numerous times and have always had an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, my visit this time was influenced by the fact that the fitness center was in a state of disrepair. Of the two treadmills, one was out of order and the other would not keep track of how long or how far you had run. The stationary bike was also not functioning at 100%. Keeping the fitness center "up and running" is an expectation when I stay at a Marriott property. Unfortunately, during this visit, my expectation was not met :(

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Courtyard Hadley Amherst? Share your experiences!