“College visits easy from this great hotel”

Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Boulder, CO
“College visits easy from this great hotel”
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this Courtyard Marriott during visits to Amherst, Smith and Hampshire colleges. Delightful staff; very clean and quiet. Workout room is clean, cool. Easy for me to work on internet while my daughter visited the schools.
In Northampton, be sure to eat at the Cafe la Gras - excellent cafe food and wine. Across from Smith campus above downtown.

Stayed September 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Booked this overnight trip for my family to visit my niece at a summer camp in a nearby town. My only regret is that we didn't plan to stay longer! What a great hotel!! We booked a Queen Suite which was unbelieveably HUGE! The living room had a pull out Queen sofa, and a nice wetbar area which included a microwave and mini fridge which was perfect for warming our lunch leftovers. The bedroom had two queen beds and a sleeper chair which pulled out into a surprisingly comfortable twin bed. Both rooms were big enough for cots if we needed them. The room was beautifully decorated and VERY clean. Everything was in great working order.

The pool, lobby and other common areas were well maintained, nicely decorated and spacious. The staff were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. There are alot of restaurants, shopping and local things to do in the immediate area. I hope I have a reason to visit that area again...I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing...it was ALL great!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Courtyard for a college visit to Amherst College. The hotel is very new and clean. The location is very convenient to Amherst and very easy to find. The room was comfortable. We did not eat at the Courtyard, nor did we use the pool or fitness center. Breakfast is not included. I appreciated that the front desk told me the price of breakfast as I checked in (without me asking). Full breakfast runs about $11.00, so we opted for breakfast at The Lone Wolf in Amherst, which was great.

I definitely recommend The Courtyard.

Stayed August 2008
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 June 2008

This hotel is a newer property, with what I refer to as the upscale decor of the newer Courtyards. The rooms are spacious, clean and provide plenty of workspace. Internet connection is wireless and fast. Beds are very comfortable. The air conditioner was fantastic (a rarity), and the room was very quiet.

Common areas of the hotel are a step-above when compared to the typical Courtyard. Big, spacious lobby, generous supply of workstations in the business center area, and a good-sized exercise room.

A great hidden gem is the close proximity of a "rail trail". There is an access point roughly 1/4 mile from the hotel. Its a long, paved, scenic and flat path that is perfect for running or walking!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2007

What a fantastic Courtyard hotel! Management and staff are to be commended. They really work hard to make sure your stay is comfortable and pleasant.

Great little pool and workout facility. Quiet. Free reliable wifi, spotless rooms, friendly staff, even if you get in late like we did. The fridge, coffee maker, and television are all top quality. MP3 player input on the radio is a nice touch. Excellent value for your money with the AAA option.

Location is right on a main thoroughfare with shops and chain restaurants nearby. Close to the colleges and the cluster of communities that surround them. Would definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank snowshoe.gal
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 10 June 2007

Spent one night at this Courtyard and was very impressed. The rooms are enormous, and spotless (it just opened). I had a room with a king bed and my brothers shared an even larger room with two kings. Bed was very comforable and the shower was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Room was enormous, clean, and very comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing wrong with this brand-new hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Glon Drack
maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed at the Court Yard for 1 night and was very pleased with our suite. The hotel is brand new. It opened a few days prior to our stay. The suite was very nice. We stayed in a queen suite. It has two separate rooms. The space was incredible. My 3 year old daugther had plenty of space to run and move around. I wish we could have stayed a little longer. The hotel offers a buffet breakfast for $10.99 per person. The hotel personnel were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — the furnishings and decoration of the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank healthnutMaryland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Courtyard Hadley Amherst? Share your experiences!