“Wonderful surprise”

Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed 1 night at this 2 year old hotel. It is great. Huge rooms with view on 2.floor.
Great lobby with free coffe and computers, free parking, nice fitness and pool and most of all - fantastic helpull staff.
Great choice for a hotel - close to Amherst with the good beer, nice little town and museums.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2009

We had a HUGE corner room that was immaculately clean and ridiculously comfortable. The King-sized bed was humongous and cozy and I wish I could buy their sheets for my room at home. It's near the mall, movie theaters, a grocery store, a pharmacy, and several restaurants (as I write this review it's August 2009): Chili's, Applebee's, Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC, Subway (inside Wal-Mart), Arizona Pizza Company, Buffalo Wild Wings, The Hangar (which has THE MOST incredible wings - boneless and bone in- EVER, near a gas station, I don't know what else you need. Close to UMASS, if you're headed there and not too far from downtown Amherst and Northampton where there is shopping and quite a few restaurants. Stay here, even if it's just to stay in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and I stayed in a king room with a sofa bed for an overnight getaway. When we entered the room, we were a little sorry we couldn't stay for a few days! The room was large, clean, and tastefully decorated. The bed was amazingly comfortable with plenty of pillows. We stayed on the top floor with a view to the back (nicer than the street view). It was fairly quiet, with the exception of noisy guests that were either coming or going late in the evening and the child crying next door through part of the night. Those things weren't the hotel's fault.

The bathroom was very nice. I like that the toilet is partitioned from the sink. The shower was nicely lit and had good water pressure.

The room had a large desk, free Wi-Fi, an ironing board & iron, coffee maker, and hair dryer. The exercise room was nice and my husband enjoyed using it.

We knew there would be a charge for breakfast at the hotel, but we had a fridge in our room. We went down the road to Whole Foods (a treat for us, since we live nowhere near one!) and bought some healthy things for the next morning. We also enjoyed browsing a bit at Barnes & Noble -- not a big deal for most people but we live nowhere near one.

The manager, Sean, was very friendly and helpful. While this isn't the most romantic of places, it suited us for our quick getaway and we enjoyed the clean comfort of our beautiful room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Pricelined my way into this hotel many times. Really great value. Hotel ain't much from the outside, but it's tasteful inside and there's ample parking. Very conveniently located (short drive) for Amherst and Umass colleges. Rooms are big and modern. Beds comfy. Fridge in room nice touch. Get a top floor room as noise bleeds from above otherwise (read a review that claimed this which was confirmed at the reception desk.) There's a terrific diner across the street and the staff help out quite a bit: friendly and knowledgable. Didn't use pool/jacuze or fitness center, but they all looked fine. If you can get a good rate, this is an exceptional value.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Brand new. Excellent hotel. Great rooms and staff. It was not clear that breakfast was an extra charge. If you are looking for a new hotel and marriott level quality, this is it. You will pay extra for the breakfast however.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Definitely the best hotel in any direction for miles and miles. In one sense it's really the only hotel around worth staying at, but to add to that it's very nice indeed. It also has a bar area which isn't standard for a Courtyard. I asked for my standard quiet room which I got but the room arrangement seemed a bit odd to me. I actually asked the manager about whether this is a standard layout and apparently thousands of business travelers have come up with it being what they like. I would not be one of those. So they changed me out to another room which was like a corner king and I've really enjoyed the extra space. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of down to the point of getting me low-fat cheese to put on top of my egg-white omelets. I've stayed about a month here so even am on a first name basis with most of the staff. They make sure to ask me if the hottub is a good temp which I use every day. One of the staff even got me a cup of ice water when I was getting too hot! What amazing service is that! Swimming pool is smaller so no long laps but great for kids and the pool and hottub are both indoors which is nice since it's still been so cold.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2009

The staff was excellent. They even ran upstairs to put a "do not disturb: sign on our door do my son could sleep. The room is new and there is a lot of space. The problem I have with Marriott Courtyards is they don't follow through: there are 2 huge flat screen t.v.'s but not hair blower. The shower is huge with a comfortable glass enclosure to sit down on but the towels were ragged on the ends and very thin. When I stay at a Residence Inn by Marriott breakfast is free, here it cost $10.00 pp

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
#2 of 4 in Northampton
D. Hotel & Suites
D. Hotel & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke

Been to Courtyard Hadley Amherst? Share your experiences!