“Best Place to Stay in Hadley, MA!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was my second week long stay at this particular Comfort Inn. Well, the staff delivered another excellent experience. This is the true test of any lodging facility, consistency. Having spent two full weeks there each week separated by months I am completely confident saying that this Comfort Inn has passed with flying colors the test of consistency. We have all experienced places with inconsistent service levels, you won't find that here. Very friendly staff, always willing to help a guest. Make me feel right at home! The rooms and entire place is very clean. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful, with a great variety of items to choose from. I think everyone, kids and adults, love to make their own waffles! I will continue to call this very nice place my "home" in the Hadley/Amherst area. They have won me over with consistent, excellent and friendly service.

Room Tip: Try and opt for a room in the main building and toward the back to avoid any road noise. I have done...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was an overnight stay. We had been on the road for hours and decided to stop, by the time we had dinner it was late, the pool closed at 9 but the kids wanted to go in, the girl on duty gave us some extra time. Staff was very nice no attitudes even when we had to ask for a toothbrush and razor that my husband left without lol. Breakfast was great everyone left with a full belly. They even had blueberry waffles at the waffle iron as well as regular, eggs, sausage and he usual bagels, danishes, muffins, cereal, english muffins, yogurt and fruit and an assortment of juices and coffee. Food was great workers were friendly and helpful. The pool BTW was salt water. We stopped on a monday night. There is a lot around...shopping restaurants and fast food. Great Value would sTay Again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is one of my go-to hotels when visiting Amherst. Good rooms and breakfast. Looks like they got new tv's too which is nice. Making the left turn out of this hotel can be an adventure sometimes, but all in all it's a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed over for a Jehovah's Witness Convention. Rooms were very clean. AC was cool and quiet. Very nice flat TV with HD channels. Loved the beds and the fluffy pillows (I'm very picky about that). Staff service were very helpful, polite and friendly. Breakfast, which is included, was awesome and delicious. The girl attending was nice enough to prepare waffles for both my wife and I and my mother. The swimming pool was just like the picture. The location is very close to shopping plazas and restaurants. I'm looking forward to stay over again on our next year convention.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had to stay here because we were going to join UMass, Amherst the next day. It was our first time here, so we didn't know what options were available. We went to Hampton Inn first but that was fully booked. So we drove further up and went to Comfort Inn. It turned out that they had a room available and we were delighted. But our joy was short lived. The room was damp and smelly. The carpet was wet near the AC which we think was leaking. And the AC was loud. We had a hard time sleeping. However, the breakfast spread was decent but it certainly cannot make up for the horrible room. So, when we left Comfort Inn the next morning, we saw a Courtyard Marriott just about a mile away. We wish we had skipped Comfort Inn. We would recommend that you do the same because there are better options in the area including the university hotel itself.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abdul K
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My 11 year old son and I spent one night here on our way from VT to RI.

It was a perfectly serviceable Comfort Inn. Room was clean and breakfast in the morning was plentiful. It's on a strip in Hadley so there's no real charm but that wasn't our purpose in staying there.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn! I am glad to know that we met your expectations for a clean and accommodating overnight stop on your drive through Massachusetts. We hope you and your son had an enjoyable trip to Rhode Island and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Every year we attend a horse show in Northampton at the fairgrounds. The horse show's "official" hotel is the Clarion, but after horrific stays at that hotel I decided to book here instead. The price was great (with the AAA discount), room was clean and the free breakfast was wonderful. My kids enjoyed swimming in the salt water pool. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The room had a microwave and a fridge. It was nice to not even have to request it! I will definitely be staying here next year again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn for your recent stay in the area! It sounds like you and your family had a great time. We've noticed that many of our guests are attendees or participants at events at the Northampton Fairgrounds such as horse shows, the 3 County Fair, or the Paradise City Arts Festival. We hope you found our close proximity to the show helpful.

I’m also glad to hear your feedback regarding our saltwater pool! It’s a recent addition and our guests seem to really be enjoying the gentler and softer feel of the water. We look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
1 mi away
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!