All reviewsseparate buildingroom was cleanan older hotelmake your own wafflesbbq restaurant next doorindoor poolmilitary discountthe toilet seathot breakfast in the morningsausage pattiesgolf tournamentnew hampshiremy daughterexercise roomfree breakfastyogurtcoffee maker
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family and I stayed in adjoining rooms for one night during our New England college tour road trip. I will confess that I didn't have terribly high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable with decent linens, each bed had four pillows (love that) and the bathroom was spotless. Breakfast the next morning was the usual offerings but the attendant stayed busy replenishing things so I appreciated that. I really wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Comfort Inn is a 70's ish motel that has been owned by several companies that were not sure that they would keep the property. Thus no real money was spent on updating the facilities. The aforementioned sentence is my opinion. The staff is spectacular the breakfast is the industry standard. The rooms are dim, colorless, old furniture and you can hear your neighbor cough five doors down the hall. Reminds me of my time in the Soviet Union. The refrigerator in my room did not work. Good thing it was cold outside; I left my food in the car. On the bright side, the facility is as clean as humanly possible.Picture an aging battleship being maintained and the crew scraping and painting to prevent the ships demise. Now.....for the price you pay at this location one can stay at the nearly perfect Umass Hotel and live in luxury. I have no idea who rates this property above a two! I would hate to see their house. My suggestion stay here if there are no rooms available at Umass or Marriott. It is time to surrender the buildings to the wrecking ball and begin anew. This review in no way reflects the fantastic staff or superb cleanliness of the property.They are doing the best they can with a terminally ill patient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank LinusBF2
Oleg T, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear LinusBF2,

Thank you for taking the time to letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be spectacular and that you thought that cleanliness of the hotel was up to par. However, I am sorry to hear that the part of your experience brought back not so fond memories from your past. I am very concerned when our guests have any part of their stay with our hotel turn out negative and we want to make sure that there is no repeat of that same experience for any of our future guests. I do want to mention a fact that this hotel has been owned by the same ownership since 1986 and there have been many improvements made to the hotel in the past few years. This past month we rebuild our entire lobby and provided brand new furniture and lighting in the lobby. This past year we also replaced all of our bedding and we updated the furniture in the entire main wing of the hotel. In 2013 we also added suites, brand new exercise area, and brand new business center. Therefore if any way possible, I would love to discuss further with you in more detail the issues you brought up about your stay, so we can work on improving or property even further. You can contact me at your convenience at 413-584-9816. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Based on the reviews here, I had expected an above-average property. Instead, what I found, was a room and hallway that were badly in need of an update: scrapes and marks all over the doors and walls, stained and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, carpet that was on the verge of being threadbare, cheap and dark bed covers (the sheets themselves and the bed were fine), long black hairs in the bathroom (not mine). This was definitely a Comfort Inn that was below par (and I've stayed in several) mainly because needed maintenance had not been done. It looked pretty beat up.
That said, the staff was very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Oleg T, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear ThurEdos,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. As you are probably aware we had to place you in our pet friendly part of the building since you had a pet with you during your stay. Unfortunately that part does get more wear and tear than the rest of the hotel because of the damges some pets do. We do try to keep up with maintaining it up to par with the rest of the hotel but depending on the traffic sometimes it is harder to do than other times. Prior to the end of the year we did update bedding in that entire part of the building. We paint the doors on a monthly basis. Also we have made plans to replace hallway carpets in that building in February.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we are using the feedback you and the rest of the guests provide to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a great hotel in Hadley! The room was perfect and the front desk was super accommodating allowing me to stay in my room for my second night. The breakfast was very good and had lots of options for everyone. The 24/7 was a life saver as I had to work late into the night and had early mornings. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Oleg T, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Channa C,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make a comment regarding your stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are very happy that we were able to accommodate your needs and leave a positive impression on your stay with us

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed for one night as a stop-over on a long journey, and found the place perfectly acceptable. Large rooms which were clean and plenty of parking. Breakfast room was a little miserable but cannot fault the hotel for the money and local shops and restaurants are very close.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple