All reviews separate building room was clean an older hotel make your own waffles bbq restaurant next door indoor pool military discount the toilet seat hot breakfast in the morning sausage patties new hampshire yogurt my daughter exercise room definitely stay here again free breakfast coffee maker
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Night caught us while traveling from Boston to Montpelier so I looked for a Comfort Inn, found the one at Hadley and it's just a small town hotel and not much more to say about it. It was clean but it is an older hotel and nothing to write home about. So if you need a comfortable bed for one night and don't want to pay much, go for it. And by the way, it's a little far from the interstate.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Although I'm appalled by the lack of recycling (hopefully this will change soon), this hotel is a decent value for what you pay. The rooms are clean, not extravagant, and comfortable. Room had a TV, microwave, coffee maker, fridge. Free wifi internet access (occasionally very slow, but usually reliable).

2  Thank KyF_13
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We priced several hotels in the area, and decided to try Comfort Inn for its good rate, even though it was obviously an older hotel. We worried that the hotel was not a no smoking facility since I have allergies - so asked when checking in if they had a block of rooms for no smoking; he said that the smoking rooms were in the wing across the parking lot - great! Our king room was large and very clean. There was a card on the bed saying soft pillows were in front, and firmer ones in back - I don't think I ever stayed in a hotel that gave you a choice of pillows, so I was impressed with that. The bed was very comfortable. There was a small microwave and fridge in the room, and a coffeemaker. The free breakfast was what you would expect - but a staff member was there to help you and keep it stocked - very nice! They had some hot items (eggs and sausage on the day we went), and a waffle maker, along with pastries and bagels. Very nice for a free continental breakfast. This is a great value and a nice place to stay - we will be back when we visit our family again. The only down side was the old style heat/air unit under the window, which was noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA or AARP rates if you qualify, or Choice Hotel website offers discounts as well.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Needed a hotel for a business trip to Amherst. Checked TripAdvisor and saw about 8 hotels listed. As I was arriving late and leaving early the next morning I was looking for a economically priced hotel in the area. Econolodge, Holiday Inn, Courtyard and Holiday Inn Express were some of the hotels listed. Courtyard and Holiday Inn were quoting over $135 for the night while Howard Johnson and Comfort Inn were quoting $85.00. The reviews for Howard Johnson focused on it being an 'aging' hotel with a need for refurbishing while review for Comfort Inn were mostly positive so I chose Comfort Inn. Very comfortable bed, bathroom was clean, good size TV with lots of channels, had heat/AC. Only downside was that I did not have a car and any place to eat (restaurant, diner, etc.) were probably going to be a good walk and the area is not attractive. It is probably the farthest hotel (of the ones mentioned above) from Amherst, but maybe located about 5 miles max from downtown Amherst. Definitely a good choice.
Breakfast was included in the price of the room. Breakfast was ample.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for one night while visiting Northampton and Amherst.

We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom, which were of average size. There were a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The shower had good pressure and one of those great drenching showerheads.

The best thing was the quiet! We requested the top floor, which was accommodated. Although it was graduation/reunion weekend and fairly busy, we were not disturbed by noise at all -- and I am a very light sleeper and in many hotels often miserably awake much of the night due to noise.

We also were pleased with the free breakfast and comfortable dining area, which were both above average in quality.

The location was convenient to both Amherst and Northampton, although not walkable to either. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple