“Best Waitress Ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I took my mother to the Inn today for her 88th birthday. We sat outside by the water in the warm spring air and looked at the water and the sky. From the start, the hostess took great care of my Mom (who moves slowly). The hostess wasn't at all impatient (which I frequently encounter) and really helped settle her in a shady spot under the umbrella where she could still have a nice view.

But the waitress knocked it out of the park. She not only suggested a fruity drink which my mother loved but she was incredibly patient with a great sense of humor when my mother starting asking her inevitable questions. This time it was "Who was Samuel Adams? I've forgotten..." The waitress actually took the time to look up old Sam on her smart phone and to later ask the chef and engage my mother. It would be perfectly reasonable to simply say, "I don't know," and leave it at that.

My Mom loved the haddock with melon chutney, the drink and the service. And when the waitress brought out a tasty desert (unrequested) with a candle, she made the day. In a time when things (and people) move so quickly, it is easy to be impatient with older, slower, strangely chatty people.

I hope that waitress has many good things come her way! You may just say that is her job, but rude impatient people are everywhere in the "service" industry these days and this woman turned a great meal with a lovely view into a birthday celebration that honored my mother's 88 years instead of making her feel like a nuisance.

Thank You!

2  Thank Stephanie G

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We have been there 6-8 times in last couple of years. The food is always pretty good, staff is very helpfull. The bar staff si very good.

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Went for brunch recently and found the Inn to be warm, charming and filled with delicious choices. The fare was typical brunch items but very well prepared. We recommend trying the pasta primavera. The omelet prep station was manned by an expert chef. There were also ample dessert choices including strawberry shortcake. Every table in the house has a view of the lake. The servers are hard working and pleasant. All in all this is a great place for a great brunch on Sunday morning!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I agree with many of the reviews. The view is nice if you can get a seat by the window. Their buffet is poorly laid out and the food is often cold. The staff is a bit impatient and not really helpful overall. I also think their prices are a bit high. I would go back but for lunch not dinner. However, I did attend a wedding reception there and it was a wonderful evening. The food was good and the staff much more attentive.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband wanted to go there because of the beautiful view. I was sceptical because I had read the bad reviews, but decided to give it a try. I wish that I hadn't. My husband wanted to go to enjoy the water views. The tables by the window were unavailable so we sat at a regular seat. We went around 11 am for brunch. Brunch was buffet style and was in a different room around the corner. Everything that we tried was cold. When the waitress asked us how everything was, my husband told her that everything was cold. She went and told someone and said that he checked the temperature to make the food hot and told us to go back up and get more. By this time, we had already eaten the cold food. The coffee was nothing special. Needless to say, it wasn't worth the money that they charge and we won't be back there again.

1  Thank Flora M