“Food and waitress - both unexpectedly good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plympton, Massachusetts
“Food and waitress - both unexpectedly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I were out and about on Mon., Labor Day, we hadn't had lunch and it was about 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon, so we decided to just get a bite somewhere near home and not too expensive. We first visited one of our favorite places, D's Grille 58, but, being a holiday they were closed. So, just by chance we went to BR Monponsett Inn, we were there so early we ordered from the early bird menu. $9.95 I had the Caesar salad, Chicken Scampi over Angel Hair, warm bread and apple crisp for dessert. My husband had a cup of Turkey, Rice & Veg soup, Steak Tips, green beans and fries, with grape nut pudding for dessert! Everything was delicious! Our waitress, Jen, was superb, she answered all our questions, she had great personality. Overall, its quite easy to say for the price, quality and pleasant waitress we will be going back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank YullieYullie

“Food was good waitress not good at all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Brunch was good. Omelet station was awesome. Waitress was terrible. We had to clear our own plates. Waitress only came over 1 time for refills on water. It was bad enough that we did tell the manager

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KeithandAmy
Boston,Ma
“It's Halifax...What Were You Expecting?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

The menu here is not all that creative. But, they do everything they have on the menu well and the prices are quite reasonable. Occasionally, they have some specials that are unique and almost always worth trying. We have eaten here many times as a family and as a couple. There are tables with a water view but unfortunately they come with a bar view too. They have a great deck area that is fabulous if you want the al fresco experience! They have a good sized bar with Keno and televisions. They have a wonderful selection of mixed drinks and martinis. The bar staff always seems to be fumbling and not quite on their mark. They are pleasant but not too efficient. The hostess always has an attitude as though you are putting her out by asking to be seated. I have been to sseveral functions in their function room. It is a big space and nicely decorated. They do a pretty good job at functions.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank FitzK
Halifax, Massachusetts, United States
“Best Waitress Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I took my mother to the Inn today for her 88th birthday. We sat outside by the water in the warm spring air and looked at the water and the sky. From the start, the hostess took great care of my Mom (who moves slowly). The hostess wasn't at all impatient (which I frequently encounter) and really helped settle her in a shady spot under the umbrella where she could still have a nice view.

But the waitress knocked it out of the park. She not only suggested a fruity drink which my mother loved but she was incredibly patient with a great sense of humor when my mother starting asking her inevitable questions. This time it was "Who was Samuel Adams? I've forgotten..." The waitress actually took the time to look up old Sam on her smart phone and to later ask the chef and engage my mother. It would be perfectly reasonable to simply say, "I don't know," and leave it at that.

My Mom loved the haddock with melon chutney, the drink and the service. And when the waitress brought out a tasty desert (unrequested) with a candle, she made the day. In a time when things (and people) move so quickly, it is easy to be impatient with older, slower, strangely chatty people.

I hope that waitress has many good things come her way! You may just say that is her job, but rude impatient people are everywhere in the "service" industry these days and this woman turned a great meal with a lovely view into a birthday celebration that honored my mother's 88 years instead of making her feel like a nuisance.

Thank You!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Almosteph
Cape Cod
“Always decent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We have been there 6-8 times in last couple of years. The food is always pretty good, staff is very helpfull. The bar staff si very good.

Visited November 2012