“slopeside in the ski patrol”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hancock
Village Center/Mountainside Condos at Jiminy Peak
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 3 bed condo above the ski patrol. Spitting distance to one of the lifts. The non-skiers enjoyed a front seat picture window of people watching and snow grooming. It could not get more central.
We were a family of 10 including an infant, elderly, kids and non skiers. The condo was larger and has a better kitchen than I anticipated. The decor was simple but fine. It was not luxurious, but acceptable. Our prices included 2 adult lifts tickets for each night. I really liked that the passes started when we arrive and end when we leave. Other places make you pick 2 days to ski on a 3 day, 2 night stay and ski deal. There was an issue with the bunk room. No one mentioned that top bunks have an 80lb weight limit. We had an older teens and
2 adults planning on sleeping there. We had to make due using the sleeper sofa and cuddling with the little ones. Wish we knew that.
There was a jetted large bathtub in the master which everyone loved and used. Oddly, the fireplace is fake. No heat, light or gas. The bed and sofa bed were squeaky, and worn out. The pillows were on last legs.

We never used the pool. It is closed when temps are below 25 degrees outside. It is covered to retain heat, so I had to ask if it was even available. The gym was shut down.
I was annoyed that there was no communication by the hotel/resort that due to bad weather the slopes were shutting early.
There were even big flashing signs on the lifts that advertised, but made NO mention of this, nor announcements in the hotel, cafeteria, nor country store. We happened upon this info at 2pm when a non skier, happened to be watching the tv. Luckily, we managed to get 90 minutes of skiing in. I thought shutting 6 hours early was exactly the kind of announcement a flashing sign on the lift should mention. They should have a placard in the cafeteria/hotel.
The rental guy was very nice. They have a great beginner slope. The next step up, was quite a leap though. We had to try to ski in terrible ice , rain, and high of 3 degrees. Rough weather and skiing.
Overall, we may come back, it was a good deal.

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Since we're a family of 5, finding a reasonably priced place to stay where everyone can get their own (shared) bed is a challenge, so I was excited to find the condos at Jiminy Creek.

Using a coupon, we booked a night at a 2 bedroom condo at Jiminy Creek. What wasn't clear at the time of the booking (or maybe I missed it) is that these are private residences that are managed by the resort (I'm assuming this because the accommodations are not "hotel quality" the bedding and the sitting areas feel more like flea market finds).

The condos are in a residential development removed from the rest of the resort.We got there after nightfall, and finding your way around the condo development is difficult. The signs are very small and the numbers are not easy to read by the glow of headlamps. We almost had to get out of the car to read which units were where. The units themselves were also marked in a non-obvious way, but the parking spaces were numbered obviously so we were able to deduce that we were close to our unit when we found the parking spot.

Walking to the unit (which was an end unit) we passed doors with "The [Smith] Family" signs on them and there were a host of "homeowners association" rules we had to agree to comply with. (As we were leaving, we saw people tending to their yards and such.)

Our initial entry into the property was "Wow! Look at all this room for (some specific rate I can't mention)" and then slowly, we were hit with a mildew-y smell, then we saw the clocks weren't reset for Daylight Savings, so it seemed the place hadn't been used in a while, and this is our biggest gripe.

The unit was 72 degrees and the A/C took a few hours to bring the temp down.

Remnants of guests past were obvious -- there were old dried contact lenses on the nightstand next to the master bed; half used soap and shampoo were in the shower; a distressing stain ran across the upstairs hallway between the washer/drier and the master bedroom.

The TV in the upstairs sitting area (where there's a pull out couch) wasn't working because the faceplates on the coax connections were too small for the coax cables they were using, so the cable kept falling off the wall.

If this was a friend's condo ("Hey, stay at my place in the Berkshires!") you wouldn't think twice about any of this (which is why I am taking it in stride) but as a business proposition, they could do a MUCH better job of cleaning the place and making sure it is fresh for incoming guests.

I do not know if we would go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I see that others were less lucky. So here is our story ....
Let me start by saying that this is not a review of a hotel room. This is for a condo unit in the Village. We got the last unit on the property, the furthest from the main building and the pool, but it happened to be freshly renovated and nicely equipped. New kitchen and appliances, fully stuffed cabinets with everything that you may need, basically. Except for salt and pepper. That must be a hot commodity ;-)
It was a #BR unit with a loft, so we had a great time and there was more than enough room for 2 families with kids.
I would recommend this place for it's proximity to local attractions, as well as Mt. Greylock state park.
Just to clarify individual scores below , we did not use the Fitness center and there were no room service during our 3 day/2nights there (not that we really needed it). So let's rate those as Average and not Terrible, to be fair.

Room Tip: Just ask for #61
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fatherfor2
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My daughter was married on top of Jiminy Peak on 8/4/12 and it was abosolutely spectacular! The staff was all very friendly and helpful and the food was marvelous all prepared by Matt Motter with the help of his staff. Tracy the event planner was very helpful with all the little details that go into planning a wedding, and along with her assistant Jenna my daughter and son-in-law had a wonderful wedding day!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed for a local college graduation. Great amount of space, good location,but all linens sheets, blankets, pillows VERY worn. Clean but , c'mon- get new sheets!

We stayed a long weekend. After a Friday night rain, woke to no power in the entire resort. The Power outage lasted a full day-not their fault but their responsibility to ensure alternative power, which was not provided.
After several calls, a visit to the front desk,and after returning home, the front desk called and said they would credit$100 to my stay.
Not sure I would stay again unless a Winter Ski visit. Too empty- felt like the only one there, at least in my condo building. At $375 night, I expected better service(and sheets).

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was my third stay in the condos at Jiminy Peak in the off season, and it's been great everytime! I travel to Jiminy Peak to attend a convention for my industry and the isolated environment and "village" feel really help to make us all feel more connected while we're up there. I have stayed in the Ski Patrol building in a 3 bedroom condo, JJ's Lodge in a 3 bedroom condo and most recently in the Paul Major Welcome Center in a 2 bedroom condo. I found all three buildings to have really great rooms with extensive amenities. Bring your own hair dryer though! The rooms I've stayed in where always clean, decorated with cute winter/ski lodge themes, and have plenty of comfortable spots to sleep. Some of the rooms have crazy bed combos to help accomodate larger parties. As an example, on our most recent stay, we had one room with a queen bed and it's own bathroom and the second room had a queen bed and two twin beds as well, with a bathroom across the hall. The living area was cozy and comfortable, the kitchen was fully stocked with cookware, glassware, silverware and anything else you might need. I found the complimentary coffee stashed in a cabinet right above the coffee maker, so that was easy and a nice touch. The only complaint I have is that on our most recent stay, the furnace in the room was noisey and it wasn't as easy to control the temperature as I would have liked. It was a little too cold in the room and I had a hard time adjusting it.

There are only 2 restaurants on the resort property, Christiansen's Tavern (amazing pub food) and John Harvard's (not a huge fan but the breakfast buffet was fine). So, if you are staying for more than two days, get some groceries, and stock the fridge!

I'm not into winter sports, so I can only speak for my experience off season when the resort is a little quieter, but I imagine even more beautiful than it is during it's peak season. There is plenty to do, mountain bike, hike, alpine slide, mountain rollercoaster, heated swimming pool (still open in late september!), a giant swing and some crazy trampolines. If I didn't have to go for business, I might even have gone to Jiminy Peak just to spend a nice weekend away from it all with my husband. It's quiet, pretty and we always have fun.

Room Tip: Be specific about the needs of your party when booking (children, couples, etc.) and book over the p...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Although my booking was confirmed online, I did not receive a confirmation e-mail and called to inquire. Agent said the booking was not confirmed, quoted me a higher price, saying taxes were not included, even though online confirmation specifically said they were. She repeatedly tried to get me to book with her, at the higher price. I refused and booked online at the lower price. When I checked in I was told that price did not include taxes, and I had to pay the higher price.

Upon arrival, someone was parked in the space assigned to our unit. I complained to the front desk, and they said just park in somebody else's space. Had to park about 50 yards away, down a steep hill, and walk back and forth.

The room was decent but the screen door had been left open and moths and mosquitoes the size of small planes were in abundance in the room. The cable TV was not working so there was no TV service for the entire time we were there. The phone would briefly ring every half-hour or so throughout our entire stay, an apparent malfunction with no one on the line. The sinks and tub were clogged and at one point the tub faucet was jammed open so hard it kept running, and it took a lot of strength to shut it off. Staff seemed not to care at all about any of the problems. They had a lot of business, weddings, etc., and the resort is probably making enough money not to care.

The checkout time is an unheard-of 10:30 a.m., which I've never seen at any hotel anywhere in the world. The front desk told me I'd be able to stay later if no one was checking into that room, but of course someone was, so we had to be out. The resort gives you a free ticket for the alpine ski lift, but we arrived after 5 p.m., after it closed, and it doesn't open again until noon. But you have to check out at 10:30! If you want the view, you're better off going a few miles south to Mount Greylock, which has spectacular views and only charges $2 to park. All in all, not a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family