“new england vacation”

Wyndham at Bentley Brook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

this resort is great. I was a little scared of all the reviews of noise and paper thin walls. well we have had no such problems. we do have the occassional problem of the upstairs guest pulling the kitchen chair across the tile floor. but that to me is to be expected. it also helps that our room is on the end of hallway closet to the elevators and master bedroom is not against another room. if I stay here again I will request my room like this. the air conditioner is louder than normal but that is because its built into the side of the building and cant be moved. the closer it is the more you are going to hear it. just my opinion. being we are from the south we hardly ever had ac on and the cooler weather feels good. I do have to agree that there needs to be more storage space in kitchen. no place to put things. the draw back to the jiminy peak play area is the prices. we ended up taking the kids to the great escape six flags. like other reviews the shopping is not close. at least 20 minute drive one way. and if you are a Walmart super center shopper like me there are none that have the complete grocery dept. i.e. no meat dept. had to go to price chopper (grocery store). the inside pool was being renovated while we were there. kids used outdoor pool. their complaint was that it was a very small pool but it served its purpose. the views from our room were great. the balcony is small but since this is mainly a ski resort I don't think they thought to many people would be siting out there anyway. jmo. the only thing I can think of that really annoyed me was the dish washer. it is very loud. old fashioned kind. not like the one at my house that you can barely hear running. I think they should be upgraded to more energy efficient ones. we did have to call maintenance once for the microwave not working properly. called front desk and they said they would send someone right up and they did. joe in maintenance had to change out the motor and it worked fine. took him maybe 15 minutes. the beds are very comfortable. had our room cleaned twice in the 2 weeks we stayed here. its also not a long trip into Vermont. we actually went up there several times during our stay. and even over to Portland maine for lobster. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: stay on the middle or top levels. and have the room located at the end of the hallway next to elevat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen L
Brennan H, General Manager at Wyndham at Bentley Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your comments and assessment of our property. The area has so much to offer and it looks like you were able to really get out and explore. The fall is also a great time of year to visit and see New England. Your comments about the property also help us in making sure we can review and address areas that could be enhanced. I thank you for your time and review. If I or the team can assist in the future please do not hesitate to let me know.

Happy Travels.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We own across the street from this place and my husband and I both agree that the room layout is better than at the Vacation Village. When you enter the room, there's the living room and kitchen/ dining area (open space plan). The common space separates the 2 bedrooms.

The master bed has the jacuzzi and the bathroom with stand up shower. The second bedroom has two queen or double beds but the bathroom is outside, accessible from the common area. The living room has a pull out couch for extra bedding, it also leads out into the balcony.

Washer and dryer is also available in the unit, unlike at the VV where you had to go out of your room. The kitchen was well appointed with wares good for 8 people. They also provide dishwashing and laundry detergent at the front desk.

We could walk to the indoor/outdoor pool and the ski area from where we stayed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aissanne
Brennan H, General Manager at Wyndham at Bentley Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you, for the feedback about our units. Our units offer great space and amenities that our owners and guests desire. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed four nights and were assigned three different rooms during that time. The first room had the air conditioning unit buzzing/humming constantly and very loudly. There was no way we could tolerate it for five days. We would have gone insane. The problem, as they explained it, was that the previous guest left the unit on and it had frozen over, which was the reason for the very loud humming.

The second room, although there were constant, loud “apartment building-type” noises from other “tenants”, was livable, at least – for the first night. At least the air conditioner wasn’t as loud. Some general comments about the room: Although it had granite countertops, the kitchen cabinetry was cheap-looking because it was all painted white. I reached for a plastic 16-oz tumbler on the kitchen shelf (all glassware is stored upside down on the shelf) and had to pry it loose from the painted surface. The rim that touches a person’s lips was covered with white paint. I pulled four more tumblers from the shelf and they all had the same white paint along the rim. Nice. I just left them on the dining table. Another nifty feature was having the washer/dryer sitting out in the open in the dining area. The shower head was discolored/stained plastic that looked like a person could adjust the spray, but it doesn’t adjust. The two shower stalls in the unit were small, especially the one in the master bath. The outdoor balcony is very tiny. We had no desire to use it because it was so small. During the second night, at 1:30 a.m., I was awoken from a peaceful sleep by extremely loud male voices through the wall next door (THE WALLS ARE AS THIN AS PAPER) laughing, yelling, talking on top of each other. It was unbelievable! I phoned the front desk and complained. The woman said that two large groups had just checked in and that they were getting settled. She said she would phone them to tell them to be quiet. Naturally, her phone call had no effect. Ten minutes later, I phoned the front desk again to tell her that her phone call did no good. She said she would send security up to their door. I had to turn the television up to a very loud volume in the bedroom to drown out the loud, raucous carrying on through the wall. I muted the T.V. every few minutes to see if the wild noise had stopped, which it hadn’t. An hour later, at 2:30 a.m., when I muted the T.V., I heard the most loud, obnoxious snoring through the wall. Oh my God! I thought that I had to be in h e l l ! I left the very loud T.V. volume on so that I wouldn’t have to hear the loud beast snoring through the paper wall and I barely slept. Somehow, I must have been able to doze a little because I was jarred awake at 5 or 6 a.m. by loud radio rap music. At first, I thought it was the alarm clock in my room because it was so loud. It was the alarm clock through the wall of the wild men’s room! I could hear every word they said through the wall. They had set it accidentally. Amazingly, I was able to doze again with the T.V. off without hearing the snoring because I was so dead tired at that point. But at 8 a.m., I was awoken by their loud voices again. They were awake for the day and they had decided that I needed to be awake, too. Note - Everyone who checks in receives a fold-out folder with their room card keys tucked inside with printed information, which includes instructions on the “Quite Time” that is from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. It states, “As a courtesy to other vacation members, offensive, loud and annoying activities are not permitted. Please report any disturbances to Guest Services.”

After going to the lobby and demanding to speak to the manager, a young woman who was not the manager, but gave me the impression that she was, came to the front desk and I told her everything. At one point, she offered a bottle of wine or a dinner voucher to make up for what had happened. I told her I found it insulting for anyone to think that would make everything better. She refused to move the noisy group of men to another room, but offered for me to suffer the inconvenience of moving. Leaving out all the other details of this interaction, I agreed to accompany another employee to check out a different room that was available to see if I would be willing to relocate since I was assured that the next door neighbors were only two people who were VIP guests like we were. When we returned to the lobby, I was greeted by the assistant resort manager, Jamie Rogge, who expressed her apologies, etc. (they all did, but words are cheap when it costs a person a full night’s sleep). We needed to change our plans for the day because of the amount of time it cost us going to the lobby to complain, going back to the room to pack up all of our belongings and food, transporting it all to the new room, and putting everything away. We were able to sleep for the next two nights without any loud voices through the bedroom wall, and experienced less “apartment building-type” noises overall.

Do not stay here unless you can handle a lot of apartment building noise, paper-thin walls, and are a very heavy sleeper. This resort does not deserve to hold the Wyndham name. As a platinum VIP owner, I was sadly disappointed. I will never stay here again. I have visited other Berkshire timeshares in the past and will trade through RCI to stay elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank naj12
Brennan H, General Manager at Wyndham at Bentley Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

The owner and Resort General Manager have been in personal contact and are working together to improve this situation.

I really appreciate the feedback and opportunity to serve you through this process. Our team works hard to assure all of our owners and guests expectations are met and exceeded. I am truly sorry we let you down during your visit. As stated before we take these comments seriously and will address them with our team.
Thank you again for the feedback and opportunity to make this better.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent our Easter Sunday weekend at Wyndham Bentley Brook. It was very relaxing. The resort is very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful, check in and check out were fast and everything was working well inside our hotel room. It was our 5th time to be in this hotel and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cole1299
Brennan H, General Manager at Wyndham at Bentley Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. Easter weekend was a great weekend to visit the resort and area; we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to see this was your 5th time and I look forward to your next visit. If I or the team can assist before your next visit please let us know. Thank you again and happy travels.

Brennan.handfield@wyn.com

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The location is great for Winter skiing, or for a fun trip with pools, mini golf, alpine slide, and a mountain coaster in the Summer. We live about an hour away, so we usually exchange our time at a different location for a week, but have spent a couple of days at a time in the Berkshires, riding the train to Stockbridge and doing local venues. Jiminy Peak is a great ski area and right out the door. (It is not included though.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 5inavan
Brennan H, General Manager at Wyndham at Bentley Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our team. The Bentley Brook Team loves to here great feedback from our owners. We thank you for your ownership and we look forward to your next visit; we have some great enhancement projects going on right now. Please let me know if I or the team can assist before your next arrival. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Such a pleasant experience. The activities staff were exceptional even offering to do unscheduled activities and movies. Do partake in the Monday morning muffin and coffee to obtain info and coupons for the area and the wine and cheese event. Unit is well equipped with decent kitchen knives and a full array of baking and cooking equipment. Liked the free Wi-Fi. Desk staff was friendly and quick with the check-in and check-out. All staff greeted me with a friendly smile and a pleasant hello. Bedrooms are spacious. Six year old loved the swim inside -outside pool. The adult only hot tub is a win! Loved the movie theater with comfortable seats and showing of great recent movies. Left relaxed and refreshed.

Room Tip: For easier swimming pool and hot tub access stay in Bentley Brook 1, for easier activity room access...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

First off, you have to understand that you are here to ski/board and that it is a family resort with children of all ages. If you go with this mindset, you'll have a great time.
We stayed in a 2BR unit that was great. Very clean, spacious and with all of the items that we've come to expect. I read prior reviews and I will agree that the walls are very thin between rooms and if you are on the ground floor you will here a lot of traffic-especially the ski boots stomping all over. However, the resort asks that from 11PM -7AM be "quiet hours" and the guests where we stayed in BLDG 25 certainty followed that rule.
The beds were almost too comfortable. I expected to sleep for days on the memory foam mattresses, but woke up after 6-7 hours feeling refreshed. That's more of a complaint against my mattress at home though. My son slept on the pull out sofa and right away you could tell that it was a quality mattress about 7" thick. He also slept great.

For my fellow big boys, I go 6' 290 and managed to navigate the 1/2 bath in the master BR ok and just fit into the single Jacuzzi. Anyone 3 bills or better may have a little more of a challenge. Please keep that in mind.

Easy to walk to the ski village, although some patches of ice. Again, you're there to ski so not a whole lot to do other than eat, hit the slopes and shop a little. I will say that the Alpine Coaster, although a little pricey, was much more that I expected. We all rode it twice.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the slopes. It is so pretty at night. Building 25 is detached from the m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris7372
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield

Been to Wyndham at Bentley Brook? Share your experiences!