“Ridiculously HORRENDOUS service and mediocre food”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
UNO Chicago Grill
Ranked #43 of 59 Restaurants in Hanover
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stopped here on a 5 hour drive from the Cape to NH for what - we thought would be - a quick meal on our journey. We could not have been more mistaken. We were seated quickly (the place was relativey empty, which should have been our first clue), but we were tucked into a side room, completely around the corner of the room where the door to the room was LITERALLY in my back. Did I mention the place was nearly empty? We waited a good 10 minutes before the server ever came over and when she did she was completely inept. We ordered drinks and waited another 10 minutes for her to come back with them and take our food orders. Then when we told her our sons wanted to make their own pizzas, she refused to take our orders and said she'd be "right back" with the make your own pizza materials because she couldn't put in our orders until she brought their pizzas to the kitchen. Gone ANOTHER 10 minutes. Then, she completely disappeared while the boys were making their pizzas (which we made them do QUICKLY since we had already been there going on 35 minutes and our order hadn't even been PLACED yet). She finally came back and almost didn't even take their pizzas, we had to say "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA" and make her come back. Then it took another 1/2 hour before we got our food and my husband's "deep dish" was anything BUT. It was more like a thin crust with the dough pressed high against the wall. He said it was totally disgusting. The boys' pita bread "make your own pizza" was less impressive than what we make in our own home kitchen. I had the crispy chicken salad which wasn't bad, but not worth the time and aggravation in any way, shape or form. Save your money. This place is nothing but a time suck. We were there for almost 2 hours. So much for our "quick supper" ... we didn't even get to our NH destination until almost midnight and prior to that, we were on-tap to be there around 9:30 - dinner factored in! What a CRAPPY start to a weekend get-away!! I will NEVER go there again and I will strongly DISCOURAGE anyone and everyone I know from ever going there, too!!

UnoChicagoGrill, Public Relations Manager at UNO Chicago Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

CapeMom2X, thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear that your experience was not exceptional. Please help us make it better! Send us an email at Social@Unos.com with these details, including the location, so that we can address the issues with management. Your feedback is important to us and would be greatly appreciated. We hope that you can give us a chance to make things right!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We went to dinner at Uno’s after years of not going there. Not sure why.

We had a very pleasant experience with our server. Very patient and helpful.
We had a Guinness and a unsweetened ice tea.

My husband had the 10 oz steak and he said that it was good, the mashed potatoes were ok; he had a Farro salad which he liked very much.
I had what was supposed to be a half pizza with eggplants & spinach - turned out to be an overcooked, dry & burned greens on a super burned crust - that in other restaurants, not as overcooked, would be listed under appetizers. My Farro salad was very good.
We both had the small macadamia nuts dessert “mini cookie”.

Next time I will try their regular pizza and see if it is comparable to my favorite pizzeria.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

UNOs is always good. It is constant and a good place to stop but then I am a sucker for a spinoccoli pizza. Although the menu keeps expanding I stick to the pizza and salad. This place is just a good place to pick up a quick meal. Not a destination place but it is always good. The beer is also always cold and the service is always friendly.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stopped in solo for some wine and an appetizer. I have been to Unos sporadically, and it has been good. This time as I sat and waited at the not very busy bar, did I say I waited and waited. Two bartenders, on duty, male and female, both looked and did not ask for my order. Finally a glass of wine and a menu. Waited whilst the bartenders researched YouTube funny videos from other patrons. Chatted with the not busy servers and bounced back and forth to their regulars. One hour, one glass of wine and no appetizers. I never find that type of service anywhere. So I will not return for wine or pizza with the family - because of the lack of management oversight and control of the establishment. Chatting with the servers while a patron has an empty glass and a shut menu.

1  Thank Davidsearay