“More casual, but still great fresh pasta”
Review of Papa Razzi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I used to eat at this upscale chain a lot, but I no longer live close to a location. Last night I was in the area with my family so we stopped in for dinner. The atmosphere was a lot more casual than I remember, and the service was not great (we didn't even get their famous focaccia bread), but the food was as tasty as I remember. Really great fresh pasta!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

There are a number of these restaurants around Boston. This one is not far from our house. We have gone here a number of times and never been disappointed. For a chain restaurant the food in my mind is great. They have a number of great pasta dishes many of which you don't see often on local menus. I had a pasta dish with sausage and broccoli rabe in a very light clear sauce with a touch of cream. It was delicious. Others at our table were equally satisfied. Their spaghetti bolognese was also outstanding. They always seem to have a fish special. This time it was local haddock, broiled with a very light sauce and a few breadcrumbs, accompanied by a vegetable medley. Very good. They also have a daily risotto which I have had several times. The atmosphere is very relaxed for a restaurant with white table linens. Lots of families eat here because of the great food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have always had a good drink and decent apps at this restaurant. I agree with some of the reviews that that dinner food quality is spotty at times and has gone down in quality a bit. It's nice to order a screwdriver and see them actually squeeze the orange juice. We ordered calamari and shrimp app. The food did need a little more seasoning, or at least salt, but the ingredients were fresh. The bartender Rick was very friendly and provided great service.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stopped in for lunch and enjoyed our meals. I love the Chicken Scallipini ,so thin and crispy and huge. The staff was very attentive and friendly...and the food was wonderful...as usual!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

On Sunday I hosted a party of 5 or dinner at this place. This was the second consecutive poor food experience that I have had here. Three of us had different meals and we all felt that they were prepared foods that was heated up and covered in thick, untasty tomoto sauce. There was not hint of fresh seasoning or fresh preparation. I have been here many times in prior years and had been pleased, but no more. It has changed for the worse. There still is the good charm and atmosphere, but the food is poor

1  Thank Sandwichguy_12