“One of the best resort we have ever stayed in!”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This place is simply incredible - for those considering the cape, stay here. Its not cheap during july and august but to us it was worth every penny. It is clear from your first encounter with staff that these guys really want to look after their customers - this place is really service oriented, from the staff at the gorgeous pool, to the waitstaff at 28 atlantic - to the driver of the courtesy car...their concern is your happiness. Unlike many other places on the cape who simply are not wired this way because they feel they will have business no matter how they treat their customers - this place takes a different approach. The grounds are incredible, the pool is tranquil and the food is delicious. This place cost us over 750 per night but its the best money we have spent - places around the cape cost the same but in comparison are not even worth half this amount. These guys will take care of you - my husband and I will be back every year and next year we will bring our son with us - we cannot wait to see eevryone again. Thanks so much for making a huge difference on the cape.

• Stayed: July 2012
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Natalie;

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I was truly delighted to receive your review, as we strive to make every guest feel the same way after their stay at the resort.

Our company philosophy is based on customer intimacy and our goal at the resort is to develop life-long relationships with our guests. We achieve this by offering each guest a customized service experience, an experience they are unable to get anywhere else. I was pleased to hear that we achieved this during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. We look forward to your return to the resort in 2013.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We enjoy dining at the Wequassett as a homeowner in North Chatham. A short drive north, the entrance has beautiful gardens and driving through the property find the flowers and plantings are quite extensive. The setting is simply gorgeous.

Our favorite dining options are the Tavern as it is more casual and for lunch the dining area near the pool which offers spectacular views of the water. All the food is excellent but a personal favorite is the lobster roll. The portion is large, always so fresh and nice appointed as there is very little dressing and just lobster!

One of our favorite places to dine in the area!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loves2Research

Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience. I was pleased to hear that you enjoy the resort’s food and beverage outlets and that they have become a favorite dining spot for you. Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding the resort’s gardens.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if there is anything I can do to make your next dining experience more special. Best wishes for a pleasant summer.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

When you arrive you don't know what to expect, but you get ti the rooms and see the beautiful flowers around the gardens and believe that you are inside a " watercolor painting" the restaurants were good, the service very friendly and the pool and beach just made for me, " a queen" !!! The decor in the buildings is incredible the color coordination among with wallpaper and bedding was just like in a magazine, to me this place is just like that.... Out of a book !!!

• Stayed: June 2012
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on the resort. We are delighted that you appreciated the beautiful surroundings, enjoyed the facilities, your accommodations and received the outstanding service the resort is known for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 when you return to the resort for a future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Wequassett is one of our favorite places to stay. Above all the rooms are spectacular and the property is second to none on Cape Cod. It has great restaurants and is very close to some fun and lively town centers on the cape. It has everything you need in a luxury resort including a fabulous pool, boat rentals, private beach and nice gym. Access to great golfing is also available.

All that being said, there were some hiccups. I am going to cut the Wequassett a little slack because we have stayed there before and did not have similar issues to what we experienced this weekend. This hotel is internationally recognized for it level of guest service so I was a little surprised by a few things that happened. Namely:

1. Our room was not ready until 5 pm on our check in date.
2. We ate at the pool while waiting for our room and it took over an hour to get served (our waitress offered little empathy or help when we asked why it was taking so long).
3. We seemed to get pushback every time we went to make a reservation at one of the resort restaurants.
4. There was a wedding at the resort and we were forced by the hotel staff to park our car very far away instead of saving the limited resort parking spaces for hotel guests and valeting the wedding guests in the more remote location.
5. The bathrooms by the pool were really smelly and gross - I mean something you'd expect at a public beach.
6. Things were left in our room (twice) that were meant for other guests.
7. Our bill was wrong on check-out and it could not be resolved on the spot.

Like I said, we have stayed there before and never experienced these kinds of things.

The wequassett is really a top notch place and we will stay there again.

Kinda cool - as we were checking out, several Red Sox players were checking in as they were on a short holiday for the all star break.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mbloch

Thank you for sharing your balanced feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. Our entire management team was disappointed to learn that we fell short on a few aspects of your stay and that we did not live up to your past visits.

I have taken the opportunity to review each of your points with the appropriate departments and greatly appreciate you providing us with such detailed feedback. It is feedback like yours that helps us ensure we maintain the standards the resort is known for.

I was delighted that despite the shortfalls you experienced that you will return to the resort for a future visit. I hope you will contact me directly at 508-430-3024 so that I may assist you with your reservation arrangements. Thank you again for your invaluable comments regarding our operation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Loved this resort -- just left after a 50th birthday celebration for my husband (and family.) Rooms were clean, beautiful, had every amenity and were updated. The pool area/cabanas were fantastic and boasted beautiful views. Had dinner at 28 Atlantic for the big celebration and it was in a word, fantastic.

The staff was very attentive, but was definitely at its capacity for the past 6 days -- the resort was full and therefore things probably took a bit longer, etc. than expected. (E.g., cabana service, room service, moving rooms, etc.) The staff was more than apologetic and truly seemed to do the best it could given the circumstances. Everyone was extremely friendly and gracious.

We booked a cabana for the fourth and while the display/band was great -- the food and service was mediocre and not worth what we spent per head. There was also some confusion with our reservation, but the staff went out of their way to make things right and comped some wine/birthday dessert.

All in all -- I would recommend this resort -- for a splurge and probably for a couple -- not a family (they do have kids programs, etc., but it is really very expensive for a family vacation.) -- If money is not an issue -- book away........ it truly is a special place.

Room Tip: Book the rooms closer to the pool/restaurants -- they are not as expensive, have shade and are still...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kewb1

Dear Mrs. Bidwell;

Thank you for choosing the resort to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that for the most part you enjoyed your stay, but was disappointed to hear that you experienced delays in service due to the tremendous activity at the resort. I have taken the opportunity to share this feedback along with that of our Fourth of July event with the management team, in effort to help us improve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 when you return to the resort for a future visit so that I may assist you with your reservation arrangements. Thank again for sharing this very important feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

to describe our experience at Wequasset. Between the spectacular views, the (I kid you not) baby bunnies that greeted us every morning, the phenomenal food, and the extremely attentive and professional staff, our stay was fun, rewarding and relaxing. A word about the very thoughtful staff (including, but not limited to, Sasha and Jackie) and their impeccable attention to detail - when I called to make a reservation I casually asked if there were any gluten free restaurants in the area ... they said they didn't know, but when we arrived a month and a half later we were welcomed with a basket of gluten free treats and a list of places we would find gluten free options. It was a wonderful stay in a wonderful place and I would recommend it without reservation to anyone looking to recharge mind, body and spirit in one of the most luxurious places in the world.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room right on the water, if available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort. We were delighted to hear that you found our team to be extremely attentive and professional, that you enjoyed the food and the beautiful grounds including the baby bunnies.

I have taken the opportunity to share your gracious comments with the entire team, in particular, Jackie and Sasha. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Best family vacation!
Me and my family have gone to the Wequassett tons of times, and every time it's gotten better!
The children's center is amazing! they have a big pirate ship at the children's center and it's really fun! The Wequassett has great food!! My favorite meal is breakfast there because you get whipped cream on the waffles! The Wequassett has great seal watches! Me and my family go on them every time! Last time we saw hundreds of seals! We got almost five feet away from seals! I think it's a great family vacation!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the beach side of the property.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RobKDover_MA
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding your family vacation. We are delighted that you enjoyed our children’s center, our special waffles and the seal watch. The seals are truly amazing!!

We are excited that the resort has become a favorite family vacation destination for you and your family and look forward to seeing you for many more to come. Hope you have a great summer!

Best Regards,

Director of Quality Assurance

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!