“Loved everything about our weekend at the Wequassett”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Wequassett has been on my bucket list for some time and we finally were able to take a weekend to enjoy it. It was definitely worth every bit of the wait and we're already planing our trip back. The setting is absolutely stunning and peaceful. Every staff member was friendly, helpful and ever so kind. They went out of their way to remember us by name and to make us feel welcome in a very understated way. It is very apparent that each staff member seems to love working there. We dined at 28 Atlantic and enjoyed the Chef's Tasting which was delicious and amazingly presented. The deconstructed Maple Cheesecake may be our favorite dessert ever. After dinner, my husband and I sat out by the gas firepit (there are several on property) and enjoyed watching the sun go down. The light on Pleasant Bay at this time of night is perfect. The Wequassett also provides transportation to take you just a short ride up the road to the village of Chatham. Chatham is one of our favorite places as well. Without question, this beautiful property is one of the favorite resorts we've ever had the pleasure to stay at. I can't say enough about how lovely the Signature rooms are.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Waterside Signature Collection room and I can't say enough good things about it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear SueandBill86;

Thank you for sharing your first visit to the resort. We were pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed it and that you are already planning a future stay!

It is always a pleasure to receive lovely feedback about our team, as the resort makes every effort to provide our guests with a personalized experience, and I am delighted we succeeded with yours.

We greatly appreciate your thoughtful comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The recent efforts to enhance an already heavenly site have paid off. The view is restful and breathtaking at the same time. The icing on the cake was the professionalism of the staff; very well trained and comfortable in their ability to combine service with a friendly, but not too friendly, demeanor. My friend and I had a lovely long lunch and the lobster roll was just what this Maine girl wanted- big with full claw and tail meat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nellbluebell;

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the beauty of the property, our delicious lobster roll and most importantly that our team provided you with outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a beautiful resort sitting on the hillside overlooking the ocean, gorgeous accommodation and grounds. I stayed for 3 nights for a family wedding and the setting was simply magnificent.
Staff were all very helpful and friendly, the food was good. Service was not to the standard I would expect for such a classy resort. Breakfast in 28 Atlantic service was slow, coffee was lukewarm,one order was wrong and we had a very long wait for tea for one of our party of 4! Initially I was told they did not have grapefruit juice but when I expressed surprise, they found some!! Rooms very clean and well stocked.

1  Thank jennifer d

Dear jendi1948;

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor, and for also sharing additional feedback with me following your visit. We are delighted that for the most part you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your helpful comments regarding your breakfast experience, as it only assists us in improving the guest experience.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to welcome you back to the resort for a future visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

So, we are from Seattle and had a conference in Boston. Since we were all the way across the country thought we should try the Cape for the first time!! We only had Saturday through Monday but the Wequasett was AMAZING. It truly is a delightful place and definitely a splurge for us ergo only two nights lol. Exceptional customer service at front desk and poolside. It is a beautiful resort. We aren't so blessed to spend $$$$ on lots of days -- for it is very pricey but well worth it. Our only complaint is even tho we had prolly one of the cheapest rooms at 600+(!) a night-- our room, we think, was right over the staff parking. Both days we were awoken to the revving of a motor cycle that went on and on. :/ Plus, there were quite a few weddings so we could never park near our bldg. Other than the %$^ early morning wake up call we fell in love with the place and hope people who live there truly appreciate the gem they have on the Cape :) It is so incredibly pricey by us West Coasties and there is nothing extra that you get but you pay for the experience :) It is a wonderful resort with fantastic customer service.

Room Tip: Get help with luggage. We said no and were on 2nd floor and had to lug three suitcases up stairs si...

Dear seattle544;

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided you with outstanding service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty you experienced with parking and early morning noise. I have shared your feedback with our team, in an effort to assist us in improving the guest experience.

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'm writing this review as I am sitting in my amazing king suite with water view. I'm so pleased with my experience here, it just couldn't wait. Let me start with the landscaping. It's truly makes the property. The rooms have tons of character and upgrades that feels like modern meets classic. You will not want for anything in the room from umbrellas, robes, slippers, Keurig coffee maker and I could go on. The layout of the property is very accommodating and welcoming. The fire-pits throughout the landscaping takes the New England chill off on the chilly nights. There is also a small but very adequate fitness center. I was also very pleased with the food for breakfast and dinner. If you want an peaceful out body experience choose this hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SWEECIE
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Sweecie;

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking a moment out of your stay to comment on your experience. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of the resort and look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The resort is beautiful and clean. Staff seems eager to help but don't deliver. The quality of food is between average and below average.It is very expensive and your paying for the beautiful setting.My biggest complaint is the length of time it takes to have you food delivered. Basic room service of coffee and Danish took an hour an half to be delivered. Dinner at their restaurant is a 3 hour event. My suggestion is to stay here, have drinks here, but eat off premises.
My other suggestion to the owners of this place is to improve training and better management. This place could be so much more.

7  Thank Joe S
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Joe S,

Thank you for your recent visit to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Needless to say, we were quite disappointed to learn of your concerns regarding your food and beverage experience. The level of service you described is not typical of us, nor acceptable, and rest assured we take feedback of this nature very seriously and are addressing your observations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and once again, we appreciate your candid feedback.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I actually stayed at Chatham but I feel compelled to recommend the great front desk staff at Wequassett for their excellent hospitality.
My laptop uses a UK plug for charging and I forgot to bring my adaptor with me. I had some important work e-mail to send out, and unfortunately my own hotel was unable to provide me with an adaptor. After searching all the stores at a desperate hour around 10pm, I was unable to find one available. I had wanted to book a room at Wequassett but they were full, but I remember driving past it in the morning. So in my desperation, I drove to their hotel and explained my situation to the front desk staff. Within seconds, he produced the exact adaptor I needed, and gave it to me without charging for anything and told me I could keep it.
I really want to commend the front desk staff for such generosity, especially when he had no obligation to help since I was not a guest of their hotel. It left a lasting impression, and I will definitely try to stay here next time I visit the Cape.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ken8London

Dear ken8London;

We are extremely delighted to receive your review. Our team prides itself on going above and beyond for our guests, and we are certainly proud to learn of our front office team’s efforts to assist you in your time of need. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you to the resort for a full visit in the near future.

Director of Quality Assurance

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!